Email Problem

PrgmanPrgman TEXAS
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
I have developed a problem when emailing PDF files and Jpegs. I have Microsoft Outlook. It seems to "disconnect" from the server when trying to email these type of files. When I email text , it works great. I tryed pinging the web address, thinking it could be a problem with my provider, and everything worked ok. I tryed another browser and it still does the same. It seems to be a problem with windows, or something. I hooked a laptop to the network an had no problem emailing, so i have narrowed it down to the one machine. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and If they found a resolution. Any hel would be a great appreciation. It is on Microsoft windows xp home addition. Thanks- :(:(

Comments

• maxanonmaxanon Montreal
    edited March 2005
    Do you have dial up or faster? It could be a time-out issue, if the pdfs and jpgs are large enough. Increase your time-out threshold in the set-up/options of the accounts for outlook.
  • PrgmanPrgman TEXAS
    edited March 2005
    I have Cable. Thanks-
    edited March 2005
    Does it disconnect immediately or does it try to send and then disconnect? If its the former, then re-visit the time-out issue in your mail program.
  • PrgmanPrgman TEXAS
    edited March 2005
    It trys to send and then disconnects. Thanks
    edited March 2005
    Did you look at the timeout threshold in the software? If so, what is it?
  • PrgmanPrgman TEXAS
    edited March 2005
    I don't think it would be a timeout problem. I can''t get it to email these files in Outlook express or Mozilla email client either. I will try anything right now though. Thanks
    edited March 2005
    well?
  • PrgmanPrgman TEXAS
    edited March 2005
    That did not work either.-John
    edited March 2005
    Do you have a software firewall set-up that monitors e-mails as well?
  • PrgmanPrgman TEXAS
    edited March 2005
    Yes I have Norton. I have disabled it, and It still does the same thing. Thanks
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited March 2005
    Have you tried e-mailing other attachment types? I want to know if the problem is with *all* attachments or just PDFs and JPGs specifically.

Dexter...
  • PrgmanPrgman TEXAS
    edited March 2005
    Dexter wrote:
    Have you tried e-mailing other attachment types? I want to know if the problem is with *all* attachments or just PDFs and JPGs specifically.

Dexter...
    It just does it with PDF, and Jpeg files.Thanks-