BF1942 question

gtghmgtghm New
edited March 2005 in Gaming
I have BF1942 the origonal version I have updated it with the current patches but I noticed that when I try to play online most of the online servers I try to connect to say that I have the wrong version, thats even on a server with a map that I have like wake. What is causeing this?

Thanks,
"g"

Comments

• NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Did you patch with the right version? I believe there are ones for separate countries.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited February 2005
    yea, I'm positive I did. I donwloaded it several times and installed it. It is kinda weird though as my version listed in the about after update is one number below the version number liseted on the EA site... I got the DNL right from the EA site though, and at several differnt times with breaks of a few days to weeks in between just trying to make sure that I didn't get a DNL from them that wasn't the right version...

I'm stumped, I even uninstralled the game and reinstalled it then updated it with the new patch and still got the same results...
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Did you download the full 1.6 and 1.61 incremental that supposedly fixes an exploit?
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited February 2005
    Ok I'll go look and try that... I'll let you know... :)

"g"
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited February 2005
    When I tried updating the game the official EA website didn't have the most recent version available. I had to get the update from fileplanet.

Norge
  • edited February 2005
    If you'll look close there's a way of telling which version the server is running, I've had the problem you're having and come to find out the server wasn't patched to the latest version.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited March 2005
    so do you know what versions most servers are useing?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Checking ASE, most servers are using the latest version.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited March 2005
    Fixed, DNL'ed the new incremental patch and it wors fine...

Now if I could ever fix the crash back to the desktop thing that would be great...

Not sure what causes it but usualy if I reboot it will stop but if the machines run for a few days with out a reboot and I try to play then games crash back to the desktop...

Not a biggy though I don't have time to troubleshoot this for hours and days... At least I can play BF1942 again...

Thanks,
    "g"