Remote Access question.

HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
I was wondering if anyone here can tell me if remote access will work between DSL and Dialup? I want to be able to connect to my inlaws pc for updating and other problems they may have. It would make it much easier to remote connect instead of driving over to do maintenance. I've never used it before, so I don't know if it will work. Oh, Forgot, I'm running XP Pro and their pc has XP Home. Thnx for replies gang.

Comments

• ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2005
    It should work. Might be a little slow.
  • edited March 2005
    Yes it will work, but yes it will be slow.

Download a free 30 day trial of latest version of MANTOUCH - Remote Access Software - NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED click below:
    http://www.realvnc.com

Best Regards,

Dale D'Sa
    Toll-Free: 1-800-668-2185 X 355
    dale.dsa@01com.com
    www.realvnc.com
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Or you could use RealVNC and ignore the blatant spamming. Ugh! :rolleyes:

www.realvnc.com

Best Regards,

Bryan
    Toll Free: 1-800-IMNOTASPAMMER
    dalesucks@spammersarestupid.com
    www.dalesucks.com/wtfdale/?
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited March 2005
    ;D;D
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2005
    Was that an advertisement? :rolleyes: Weak.

Yes, I have done it and it works very slow, depending on the dial up isp, and speed of the dial up connection....

PC Anywhere has a direct dial feature, that would allow you to skip using the interweb. It might improve the performance. I used to use the direct dial method daily at my old job.
  • edited March 2005
    hahahaha very funny!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    oh gee... looks like Dale's post got edited.... Hrm... I wonder who did that? :rolleyes:

oh, gee, looks like poor dale got banned. What a durned shame :(
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Hahaha, prime, Your the cats meow, bud!
    Thnx for replies guys. I'll check out (PC Anywhere) and (RealVNC).
    Appreciate the 1403.gif humor too...
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited March 2005
    you must becareful swtiching between DSL's digital signal to call a dial up connections, it wont always work in certian situations, it depends mostly on the telecom company, i have however setup a dial-to-dial vnc connection before using UltraVNC, Ultra VNC works just the same as RealVNC but allows custom settings to allow rather quick transfers ov er amodem, theres different "speed" choices when u start it up, LAN, T1, 10/100, Modem, and i think Serial.. dont hold me to serial. But it allows the lady i hooked it up to to dial from 1 line to her office and input data, hes got a bad back and cant always get to the office :X so i would recomend UltraVNC
    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

prime, i dont know wat that guy did, lol but i hope i didnt do it too :thumbsup:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Thnx for the info and warning Armo. I'll keep that in mind when I try to set it up.
    Whats really cool--It's freeeeee. I'm out of work right now and looking. So, Free is beautiful. Rated ***** 5 stars!