MX1000 mouse the best for gaming?

edited April 2005 in Hardware
Hi I bought the Logitech MX1000 laser mouse and I think its superb however a friend of mine says none of the pro PC gamers use this mouse they tend to use Razers and MX510 etc any reason for this? And is my mouse then no good for PC gaming?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Razers are overly sensitive, and 510s are no different from MX700s.

The MX1000 is better than both of them.

Your mouse is superb for gaming; don't listen to your friend.
  • Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
    edited February 2005
    Hi I bought the Logitech MX1000 laser mouse and I think its superb however a friend of mine says none of the pro PC gamers use this mouse they tend to use Razers and MX510 etc any reason for this? And is my mouse then no good for PC gaming?

There only telling you that so you will return the much better one. get the crappy one so they can Pawn you in the game.

dont listen.... keep the one you got. its the juice....... :thumbsup:
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Alot of gamers think wireless is horrible for gaming. What they don't realize is the MX700 is just as precise as the MX500/510, and as Thrax said, the MX1000 beats them all. I've been using the MX1000 for a couple months now. I absolutely love it, and I play a lot of twitch based games.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Everything the aforementioned posters said. MX1000 > any other mouse.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    < owns the mx1000 mouse and its the best
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    I like my MX510, I've never noticed it not being able to track fast enough (usually it's I can't move my hand fast enough or I run out of mousepad). I'd be more amenable to getting a MX1000 if it were on Bluetooth, because then I'd be able to use it without the USB transceiver on my notebook.

-drasnor :fold:
    edited February 2005
    there is a blue tooth mose between the 900 and 1000
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited February 2005
    Isn't bluetooth pretty slow for a high performance mouse? I'd recommend an RF version.
  • edited February 2005
    I just switched to a wireless MX700 from a lowly Intellimouse. THE INTELLIMOUSE KICKS IT'S ASS!!!

I think this is due to the lower refresh rate from the wireless hub to the PC and not the refresh rate of the mouse itself. My MX700 is connected through the PS2 port which is supposed to poll faster than USB, at least for the mouse.

My USB wired Itellimouse is much more precise. I could feel something weird with the MX700 right off the bat and when I tried some FPS games with zoom sniper guns, I could really see the imprecise action of the mouse. I think I will be going back to wired for now.
    edited February 2005
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. My MX700 blew my Intellimouse away.. As in, no comparison.. Ever. The accuracy of the MX700 could not be bested by my intellimouse in any game with a sniper rifle.

USB polls faster than PS2.
  • edited February 2005
    Correction: USB polls much faster than PS2.

Most people believe wireless mice are somehow inferior for gaming which is entirely untrue these days. This used to be the case back when the technology was first introduced, but now it's nothing more than an old wives’ tale.

You can't go into forums like Steampowered's (Half-Life 2's support forum) telling people you have an MX700 (or better) without people telling you that all your problems in the game and your sex life stem from you having a wireless mouse, and that you are a terrible person for even considering using such a device. Very frustrating.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    I use an MX1000 and I can destroy TheSMJ in any game.
    edited February 2005
    I wish there was a way to numerically prove that the MX700/1000 was faster.. Signal speeds or something. Then I could shut the boomslang/intellimouse newbies up.
  • edited February 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. My MX700 blew my Intellimouse away.. As in, no comparison.. Ever. The accuracy of the MX700 could not be bested by my intellimouse in any game with a sniper rifle.

USB polls faster than PS2.

Well, I have no idea what you're talking about :scratch: My MX700 feels noticeably laggy, even with just normal movement around the desktop. Sniping, forget it. It's totally jumpy.

As for the USB vs. PS2, this I got from a thread on the hardforum. For the basic speeds you are right, but supposedly on the PS2 side, it actually polls for the mouse faster, supposedly.

On the wireless, I beleive they were saying the base station is limited to like 125 hz, so no matter how fast the mouse is, it's still limited to the base to PC speeds.
    edited February 2005
    I seem to remember an app that did just that, thrax... mouse polling meter or something like that.
    edited February 2005
    I seem to remember an app that did just that, thrax... mouse polling meter or something like that.
    I have it, it's called mouserate. Can't upload exe files. :doh:

Google search turned this up...

http://www.bluesnews.com/files/misc/mouserate.shtml

I think this is the same place I got it from, it should work.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited February 2005
    Ditto everybody else - MX1K is vastly superior to all others.

Make sure you get yourself a good "gaming" mouse pad. It may seem trivial, but gaming friends kept asking what I did after I got mine. My pad is much larger than a normal mouse pad, and has a textured surface my 510 loves. Fast twitch shots got more accurate and quicker.

I use the Ratpadz GS Gaming Surface - check it out!

LINKY

Good buy for $11.00
    edited February 2005
    Ok i got a test. Tonight Team intelimouse vs team Logitech in HL2 deathmatch
    edited February 2005
    Haha I'm in!
    edited February 2005
    I'm totally in. ;D
    edited February 2005
    Omg I'm In - Team Mx1000 Represent
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Rustynuts wrote:
    Well, I have no idea what you're talking about :scratch: My MX700 feels noticeably laggy, even with just normal movement around the desktop. Sniping, forget it. It's totally jumpy.

I had this problem...it was either mousepad, or the base was too far from the mouse, or there was interference. Try, just as a test, putting the base right next to the mouse and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, you can move your base elsewhere, but make sure there's not much interference between the two.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited February 2005
    So the MX1000 is that great of a mouse?

Amazon and ZipZoomFly both have it for $60, lowest price I could find on the web.

Is it worth it?

And can I get it in black, rather than that diarrhea green?
    edited February 2005
    It's definitely worth it.

And that's some weird diarrhea you got going on if it's THAT color... :wtf:
    edited February 2005
    Cyclonite wrote:

Vegetarian :wink:

Seriously, is it blue or green? Cause it looks green from the pics.
  • edited February 2005
    WOW this is getting pretty good lol!

Well I have been on another forum very similiar to this one called the AVforums on another site which looks just like this one lol and posted a similiar thread the outcome from the link I was given was that the Razer was no.1 for gaming. Although I am extremely happy with my MX1000 :D
    edited February 2005
    Cyclonite wrote:
    It's definitely worth it.

Hmm, something went wrong, and my browser crashed mid reply, now I have this retarded half-post.

Sorry. I am at work now, and am forced to use IE.
    edited February 2005
    I'd say it's more bluish.
    edited February 2005
    It's blue in person.
  • edited February 2005
    The Razer Diamondback and the Logitech MX510 are the best gaming mice.

They both have their pros/cons.

I use an MX1000 on my laptop though and it works great.

But for gaming the wired optical mice such as the ones I listed above, are the best and most widely used.