ATi VGA coolers!

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited February 2005 in Hardware
I am planning on getting a ati silencer 3 by artic cool. Im just wondering if that will fit on my 9800 pro 128mb card. The mounting holes and positions of the parts look pretty identical. I'm wondering what you guys thing about it, or if I should get something different with a similar price.

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited February 2005
    The ati silencer are the best :)
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited February 2005
    Heres the one I am using on my 9800pro that is flashed to a 9800XT. Keeps it nice and cool and running like a champ! :thumbsup:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Would that be the one I could use on my MSI card? It's labeled as a Pro, but all my drivers and other things say it's an XT. I think it's an XT core just running at Pro speeds, I can't even clock it to XT speeds on the stock cooler though.

I'd love to OC to sunubabitch hard!

I suppose it would if it supports XT and Pro boards.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited February 2005
    RWB wrote:
    Would that be the one I could use on my MSI card? It's labeled as a Pro, but all my drivers and other things say it's an XT. I think it's an XT core just running at Pro speeds, I can't even clock it to XT speeds on the stock cooler though.

I'd love to OC to sunubabitch hard!

I suppose it would if it supports XT and Pro boards.

I would say it would allow SOME OC room. I cant push mine much past stock XT speeds without some distortion. So I just run it at whatever the bios is set to run.I dont remember exactly what that is. I am at work now so I cannot check. but it is whatever ati uses as default for the 9800XT.

Also it does not provide any additional memory cooling, so you might not get much more speed out of the memory.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited February 2005
    RWB,

FYI, I am pretty sure the rev.3 doesn't work on the MSI 9800pro. You will need to get one of the newer revisions...
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    I think I will just stick to the ATi Silencer 1 rev 2, because the despirtion says it will work with a 9800 pro, and it looks a little beefier than the standard VGA silencer from Arctic Cooling.