Windows not seeing my DV Cam?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited March 2005 in Internet & Media
I have it connected through 1394 of course, and trying to capture through Pinnacle Studio Version 9, but I get an error. I also get an error from Windows Movie Maker.

Naturally, I haven't done any video capturing in a year or something, so I have no clue what's going on anymore. It just seems to me to be that Windows is not seeing my Camera, I do have it connected, I do have it in Play/Video playback mode. But for some reason, it's just not being recognized.

Any ideas?

Windows XP SP2 of course. Just got this software today, and wanted to start working on my video stuffs again. Damned issues always arise when time is a factor. Thanks for any quick help! :D

Ohh this is with a Sony DCR-HC30

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I just tried replacing my old 1394 drivers for SP2 with SP1 drivers, it still won't work. I have been looking everywhere for an answer, but I find NOTHING. Anyone have any ideas why Windows doesn't want to see a Firewire Device? Or in Sony's anme, iLink?

I also noticed there is a 1394 Network Adapter which has a Yellow Exclaimation mark next to it in my Device Manager. This has been here since before I tried using older drivers.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I'd try removing all the drivers related to the camera and then reinstall the newer firewire drivers. Then install the camera drivers before connecting the camera. Perhaps you have already tried this, I just figured i'd mention it because I have a Sony handy cam and i transfer using iLink/Firewire and the installation instructions were very specific about making sure the drivers were installed before the camera was ever attached to the PC.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I haven't yet installed any drivers for the camera... Windows doesn't even seem to see a new device.

Any ideas?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    OK, after removing my 1394 Drivers, and the 1394 Network Adapter from my device manager, and rebooting. When I plugged in the camera after reboot, it all reinstalled and recognized everything.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Good to hear, but what I was referring to before was to install the camera drivers BEFORE plugging it in with windows recognizing it, that's what the manual said for my HandyCam, to make sure the drivers were already in the system before plugging it in.

But, sounds like it worked out for you, glad you got everything goin :)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Yeah now that it's working, I am wondering if I should post my homemade movie on Anime I did in one night with some buds. It's so ****ty, it's perfect! ;D