edited March 2005 in Internet & Media
Some work I did recently for hire.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    nice work nomad ...did you turn it in yet?
    If not how about a picture or something over the bed.
    Looks great! :thumbsup:
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I did turn it in already. I suggested lamps on the cabinets beside the bed and a picture or something about it, but this isn't being used for commercial use, the person I'm working for just wanted a 'visual idea.'
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Looks good, happen to be using any HDRI's?
    edited March 2005
    No HDRi, those don't work very well for interiors unless you're faking everything.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    The only thing I don't like about the image is the aliasing issues along the edge of the cabinet doors and the countertops.
    edited March 2005
    Nomad wrote:
    I did turn it in already. I suggested lamps on the cabinets beside the bed and a picture or something about it, but this isn't being used for commercial use, the person I'm working for just wanted a 'visual idea.'
    Yeah I that's true.
    Rule #1
    Give the customer what they want.
    Rule #2
    Learn to leave well enough alone.
    ;D

If they liked it then that's what really counts. :thumbsup:

good job!
  • edited March 2005
    Looks f'ing great. Screw the critics. ;D
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2005
    quite impressive :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    That's not real... could have fooled me... at least for a few seconds. Great job.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I'm confused, do you design like layouts for people for their homes or something???

And I'm in the same boat as QCH, looked real to me, awesome looking work, I'm just curious what its for and how you did it.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Camman wrote:
    And I'm in the same boat as QCH...

Huh... I'm in a canoe? ;D
    edited March 2005
    not speaking for nomad but I can tell you this.
    I design houses in 2D and that's all that I have time for. The 3D visual is very handy for a client to get a spacial idea of what's happening in the 3D architects mind.
    Architects think in 3D put communicate in 2D mostly so the 3D visual is an awesome medium ...only too costly and time consuming usually.

This is a great and helpful service you're providing nomad. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited March 2005
    Excellent work Nomad. I love the reflections in the floor, the appliances and the window.

Dexter...
    edited March 2005
    Basically, they have some jockey who spent four years in college studying architectural CAD take a week to come up with the floorplans and then they send them to me, a junior in highschool, to do a 3D rendering of it.
    only too costly and time consuming usually.

This is a problem most people run into. The cost is a difficult thing to emasure because it depends completely on the area. There are places down in California where you can legitimately charge $1000 per image you make. Where I live no one else does this so I have essentially set the price market as far as I know. It can be time consuming, typically because of how long it takes to actual render. When you get a call saying, "Hey, I'd like the couch moved all the way to the wall," that means you get to rerender for another 2-3 hours.

What would make things go much more smoothly is if architects recognized the fact that the 3D image is not the CAD layout, and there needs to be a bit of leeway or it will drag on forever.