WC: Privateer Remake

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited March 2005 in Gaming
For those of you who care (And you should if you call yourself a gamer) a team has just finished a remake of the classic Privateer. The graphics are decent and the game seems to play pretty good. I haven't been able to invest more than 15 minutes in it but it seems fairly kickass to me. Can't wait to play through it and beat it!! I never managed to beat it originally because I could never find out what to do at the end (I won't say what happens, kind of a spoiler.)

It got slashdotted but you can get it off of most of the sourceforge servers and bittorent (And it comes in 3 flavors too!! Linux, Windows and Mac).

Main site-

http://priv.solsector.net/

To windows version dls-

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wcuniverse/privateer1.0.exe?download

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I know I played some game a long time ago back on my IBM Aptiva 120MHz system. I think it came with the computer? I don't remember much, a bar or something... it seemed kinda like Freelancer. I always wanted to try playing that game again, I never got to play the original very much at all.....

I guess this is the same game.
  • ShivianShivian Australia
    edited March 2005
    Damn it looks good...
    Gonna spend some time looking at that one! :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Looks good, thanks for the tip Pseudo!
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Ugh, I forgot how addicting this game is.. Run mission, get cash, UPGRADE!! Keep running missions, UPGRADE!!! I love these games where you upgrade things for some reason. I'll spend forever just trying to upgrade to the best.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the remake. Not too shabby.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    w00t. Thanks for the great find!
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2005
    It does look quite cool. Will download :thumbsup:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Oh man. I remember playin Privateer. I can't wait to try this one.

Freelancer should be bargain bin now and I suggest getting it. It's simple to play and can be fun when played online with others.