help with drivers

edited March 2005 in Internet & Media
I'm trying to capture video from my sony dcr-hc30. i DO have the firewire cable and i DO have it switched to play/edit. my computer is not recognizing it at all. when i plug it in using the usb cable, it does recognize it, but this does not help me as i am trying to capture video. it's just not recognizing it at all. i have lost the cd that came with the camera (my computer had been stuck at best buy for 3 and a half months, a whole new can of worms), but i assume that the drivers i need (?) are on that disc, even though it says it's a picture-perfect program.

so does anyone know where i could download this driver? assuming that this is my problem.

thank you for any help.

Comments

• edited March 2005
    Thanks for the help.

It turns out that my computer is not even recognizing that I have an i-link input, when in fact it does. I looked through the device manager on my computer and it's not even listed there. So I had to take it back in to the shop.

Thank you for your help though, I greatly appreciate it.

Ken
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited March 2005
    OK. Either your Firewire is not enabled at the BIOS level, or the drivers were not installed, or the Firewire port was not wired from the case to the motherboard. We could have helped you with that here, by the way, before you took it to the shop. :)

Let us know if they solve it for you.

Dexter...
  • edited March 2005
    Yeah, it's either not installed at the bios level, or it's not wired. I'm thinking it's not wired. I only took it back to the shop because I bought it from best buy and purchased the service plan. What started out as a simple dvd-rw drive replacement turned into a stupid 4 month (well, in two days, it'll be the 4 month anniversary) ordeal. Anyway, to make a VERY long story short, they kept screwing up, causing me much trouble. They spent over $3000 on repairing my computer, when it only cost $1900 to begin with. Well, this time I'm supposed to get a new computer from them, so we'll see.

BEST BUY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again for your help. I'll update this after I hear from best buy and I'll let everyone know what the exact problem was.

ken