Painter Question...

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
I'm getting into some concept art stuff, and I am enjoying it alot. Almost as much if not more than 3D and I may even be better at this. I really only know what I was taught back at Full Sail and I need to extend my knowledge. There is a program I see alot of people using in conjunction with PhotoShop called Painter, but I don't know who makes it or anything. I have a Wacom Tablet that I will be upgrading to a much larger size soon and I want to use what the real pro's use.

Hopefully that gives you the exact idea of what product I am looking for, I have a feeling based on my searches that it's only for MAC, hopefully not though. And I hope it's no where near as expensive as Photoshop, cuase I just can't afford it.

Thanks guys, I hated asking this question because of how newbish it makes me feel ;D

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited March 2005
    Are you talking about Corel Painter? (Formerly known as Jasc Painter, Corel bought Jasc.)

http://www.corel.com/painterix/home/index.html

Dexter...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    That might be it, and was what I was thinking it might be. It seems to be a hell of a lot more expencive than I had hoped though, at $500 with TAX :shakehead