cant sign in to my account with aapt on this PC

SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
I am trying to sign into my friends account with aapt. they have Windows ME and are on aapt dial up.
Problem occurs when i get to the sign in page for My account. I can get to the login page and enter the details, eg accessing the web is ok, but when I click submit - either nothing happens, literally no activity as shown by the connection icon, or else I get an invisible webpage appear!
I say invisible because in the taskbar I get a new page appear "- -- Microsoft Internet Explorer" which also shows in the task manager as a process, but clicking on it seems to make it go to the bottom corner!!

I can logon by going to my computer, so its not the login details. I am thinking that it is a setting in the security/options, but i cant figure out which one/s.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
David

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    Do you have any pop-up stoppers running? If so, see what happens when you try again with them disabled.
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited March 2005
    yes I did have a google toolbar popup stopper, but disabled it and set it to accept pop ups from that site, then i turned off the toolbar, antivirus, spybot, firedwall everything!!
    Made the site a trusted site in the security options and still no joy!
    disabled everything through task manager except the essentials: Explorer, Loadqm, Systray.
    When i log in on my computer it doesnt go to a new page (popup) but goes from that page.
    Dont know what else to do
    edited March 2005
    It might be a java script trying to run.

Try downloading and installing the Windows Manual Installation or Offline Installation and see if that does the trick. :)
    edited March 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    It might be a java script trying to run.

Try downloading and installing the Windows Manual Installation or Offline Installation and see if that does the trick. :)

profdlp,
    thanks for helping!

Well I have downloaded java and installed it - exactly the same, I hit submit and NOTHING happens. This time the invisible explorer appeared before i even hit the submit! :scratch: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
    edited March 2005
    You might check the settings in Tools>>Internet Options>>Security. Try changing it to "low" temporarily (don't forget to change it back!). If that doesn't work you could go through the "Custom Level" settings and try enabling ActiveX controls and relaxing the Java permissions. If you are running a firewall try disabling it temporarily.

It might be worth a shot to try a different browser,too.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited March 2005
    What's 'aapt' fellas?
    edited March 2005
    Spinner wrote:
    What's 'aapt' fellas?
    I'm working under the assumption that it's an Aussie pre-paid cell telephone service. (Based on the posters nationality.)

:ausflag:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Does it work in another browser such as firefox or opera?
    edited March 2005
    OK I have installed Firefox and it works fine, I can log in no problem,
    I have changed every setting I can think of in IE and no joy!!

Wish I could work this out but have wasted too much time already, just have to use Firefox,

thanks so much for the help profdlp

Siggy

PS: aapt is an ISP in Australia
    edited March 2005
    Does it work in another browser such as firefox or opera?
    profdlp wrote:
    ...It might be worth a shot to try a different browser,too.
    :D
    (I have to enjoy any opportunity to tweak prime I get - they're few and far between)

Glad you got it, Siggy. :)