Question about Nero

WeedoWeedo New
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
Nero drives me crazy. Sometimes when I use it everything goes fine. Then sometimes it just doesn't work. I'm trying to make a data cd and it keeps want to make an image to the harddrive. What's going on?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    The recorder destination is currently set as "Image writer."
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited March 2005
    And so it is, but there is no other option.

I've never messed with this so I wonder why it's doing this on it's own.
    edited March 2005
    Nero works from a list of recorders, if your recorder isn't listed in its database (And in the list of recorders with the Image Writer...), you either need a newer version of the program or your drive has very obscure silicon.
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited March 2005
    Weedo wrote:
    And so it is, but there is no other option.

I've never messed with this so I wonder why it's doing this on it's own.

It's not detecting your drive during the program initialisation
    this could be due to a number of factors

Upgrading nero (this improves/increases the list of recognisable drives)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited March 2005
    But he said it works sometimes Thrax. So his drive is only SOMETIMES being recognized.

Not a obscure silicone problem.

Tex
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited March 2005
    Ok.. well I feel like a real nimrod now. I have several versions of Nero that came with various cdrw drives I've bought. Apparently they only work with the drive they were bundled with. I never snapped to this before. So I don't know which copy of Nero goes with which drive. And I can't use it with any other systems I build. Grrrrr. I have an incompatible version installed on my main rig.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited March 2005
    email me asap.

Tex
    mwithers@adelphia.net
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited March 2005
    Weedo wrote:
    Ok.. well I feel like a real nimrod now. I have several versions of Nero that came with various cdrw drives I've bought. Apparently they only work with the drive they were bundled with. I never snapped to this before. So I don't know which copy of Nero goes with which drive. And I can't use it with any other systems I build. Grrrrr. I have an incompatible version installed on my main rig.

I have had this - BUT I have then upgraded the version with the online patch and this has removed the limitation ... I think

I have since upgraded to the full fledged version of nero since it's my main burning program and I found it worth the $$ for the level of functionality the full version gives you
    edited March 2005
    Like I said, it needs newer software, or it has obscure silicon.

Email tex. ;)