Windows XP 64-Bit Edition RTM Date?

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
A new rumour has hit the web today, starting off at Extended64.com. They claim they've been informed that the RTM date for Windows XP 64-bit Edition is March 28th. They don't provide any source evidence or explanation. Nevertheless.
This is Extended64's first exclusive news story.

I have just been informed the date that we have all been waiting for! Barring any last minute issues, the RTM date of Windows x64 will be on:

March 28, 2005

When will it be available to OEMs? What will the final build number be? Stay tuned

With that said, it's now time for everyone to register and start discussing Windows x64 in our forums!
"...it's now time for everyone to register... ...in our forums!"

Source: Extended64.com

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Sounds like a ploy for a new site to get tons of traffic :shakehead

I mean seriously, they have 32 registered users and somehow they are the EXCLUSIVE source for the Windows 64 RTM date? I'd like to see some substantiation :rolleyes:
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited March 2005
    Sounds like a ploy for a new site to get tons of traffic :shakehead

I mean seriously, they have 32 registered users and somehow they are the EXCLUSIVE source for the Windows 64 RTM date? I'd like to see some substantiation :rolleyes:
    Indeed. Not a good way to earn readers trust, if they are indeed making stuff up for hits. I'll only register with them if they're right.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Barring any last minute issues

Doing what they can to cover it up when it doesn't happen as they claim they've been informed. :shakehead
  • edited March 2005
    My guess is as good as any but i think they got that from planetamd64. However they state that it is rumered as well so nobody has an actual confirmed date/