Dell Monitor Fixable?

edited March 2005 in Hardware
This is what greeted me after I got up for about a minute. My 3 & 5-yr olds blame the cat!

Can Dell repair this mess, or is it trashed? It's a 2001FP!!!! :bawling:

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited March 2005
    how exactly did this happen?
  • edited March 2005
    I think they said a toy car was thrown at it. You can see a spidering crack beneath the surface, like a cracked windshield. It's the bright white point where the black lines cross The outer surface is inscratched naturally! I think on my next one some Lexan is in order.
  • edited March 2005
    Dell may be coming through! After emailing tech support (which included the above picture!) They sent me a notice saying they are submitting a request to ship replacement! Not sure what "request for ship" means? Maybe someone higher up may still deny? If not this a fantastic! A warranty replacement even after user damage? maybe they just want the unit to study or something.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Sweet! Keep us posted!
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2005
    Dell is usually quite good about RMAing broken stuff. Just plead ignorance.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    So... the cat... threw a toy car... at your monitor...?

Hopefully Dell comes through you!
  • edited March 2005
    Got the refurb from Dell, looks great, even brighter than the original (yes, I checked the settings and even had to turn them down from the default) AND no dead/stuck pixels that I've noticed so far.

Have to return mail the old one, so I hope they don't want to charge me after they check it out.
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited March 2005
    what did you tell dell happened in the e-mail?
  • edited March 2005
    Told them it got broken, sent them the photo, and asked if it is fixable. They responded with an email saying they were sending a replacement, which I never even asked for! They must have a lot of refurbs laying around taking up space.