Web Hosting with DreamHost

RewiredRewired Member
edited March 2005 in Internet & Media
Howdy folks.

Has anyone any experience with DreamHost[.com]'s web hosting services? They're offering 2400MB of disk space and 120 gigs of monthly bandwidth for $9.25 by using the special offer code "777". I'm wondering if there are any catches such as maybe hourly data-transfer allotments or upload limit.

Thanks for any insight. So long.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Things I would interpret as "catches:"

1) No PHONE support - that kinda sucks.

2) TWO YEAR prepayment. That's like a damned cell phone contract!

3) You can pay $2 more per month - $9.95 per month but they want FIFTY DOLLARS as a setup fee. That's insane. Look, I run a hosting company and I will tell you right off the bat - for automated, small setups, a "setup fee" is BS. There's no "setup" required - the server does it all automatically. If you have something crazy like 25 different email accounts or something that has to be done manually, yes, there should be a setup fee. But they are just charging slightly less per month and then making their money with the fake-o "setup" fee. It's the old bait-and-switch, like product rebates or something.

I say :thumbsdow on them
  • RewiredRewired Member
    edited March 2005
    Yo but with the promo code ("777") it's $9.25 for a whole year of hosting with no setup fee.

I'm not defending them as I haven't used em. Just throwing that out there.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Oh, $9.25 a YEAR? That's a good deal any way you look at it, but don't expect top notch support. If you can handle your own needs, it sounds like a fantastic deal.