Sound/Speakers settings help

TroganTrogan London, UK
edited March 2005 in Hardware
I have no sound coming through my speakers.

Since the comp has still got warranty, I got Compaq to replace the motherboard because it has on-board sound. Now, that didn't solve the problem.

Compaq sent out new speakers but still no sound.
I don't know what else to do. I don't think it's a hardware problem but possibly a settings issue. Device Manager says that all devices are working properly.

Anyone have any suggestions, please?

As a side not: When I go into Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel, Under Speaker Setting is the Advanced option, the speaker setup, under speakers tab is selected to Stereo Headphones. I keep changing to Desktop stereo speakers and apply the setting (still get no sound) but when I reboot it's changed back to Stereo Headphones.

Thanks

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited March 2005
    Anyone have any suggestions? :)

Thanks
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    ah, this is gonna sound stupid, but did u plug into the right jack?? and have the speakers powered?
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited March 2005
    It's not stupid. It's all connected correctly and the speakers are powered on.

Now, this may sound stupid but I can't hear sound from the speakers but I can sometimes here sound, like its coming from the motherboard or something. Whats that all about? :scratch:

Thanks