Back

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Folding@Home
So I am folding protiens again.. gotta a few computers I may put onto folding as well.

Just curious though since I couldn't seem to find my old thread that last asked this, what do I do for my Pentium to fold faster? Also I have an athlon that will fold too(I hope), what should I do for that one?

But I am folding at about 200MHz faster speed ;) soon to be 300MHz once I figure some details out :D

How do I drop a protien? I JUST started on this one and I had my name wrong.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Thanks for joining up, dude. Fold on!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    you don't need to drop the protien to change your name.

If you're running the console, close the current one, and start it up like this "fah3console.exe" -config. You can change your name there.

If you're running the graphical client, it's in the options somewhere.

As for folding faster:

If it's a P4, make the shortcut look like this: "C:\folding\fah3console.exe" -advmethods
    If it's an athlon, add -forceasm to the end of it.

:fold: welcome back!
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Welcome back Loki! :respect:

Once you run your client with the -config flag and you get your name straight, make sure to remove the command so you don't have to keep specifying the details everytime you restart the program.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited August 2003
    Shouldn't p4s use the -forceasm flag?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    They dont have to, but can.

Welcome back.:)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    what does forcasm do?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    It forces asmemble optimizations on the CPU to be used while folding. On Pemtiums it should always be SSE/SSE2 as default. If it were to get unstable it will go back to normal (w/o SSE/SSE2). Then forceasm would force it back on.

For AMDs, they run at default Extra 3dnow! extentions and forceasm is NEEDED for AMDs to use SSE with the 3.25 client only. Otherwise they will only run with 3dnow! assemble optimizations.