NEW Adobe Reader 7.0.1

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
A new update for Adobe Reader 7 has been made available for download.

Download: Adobe Reader 7.0.1 Update (4.67MB)
Adobe Reader 7.0.1 is free software that lets you view and print Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files on a variety of hardware and operating system platforms. Adobe Reader 7.0.1 is the newest version of the familiar Adobe Acrobat Reader software. It also replaces Adobe Acrobat eBook Reader, software for viewing high-fidelity eBooks on your notebook or desktop computer.
Source: Adobe

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    download and install went fine ...and no reboot was required! :thumbsup:
  • edited March 2005
    I wonder how much more bloated it is than version 6? Version 6 was a definite step backwards to me over version 5, with no new features that I needed but a lot longer load times.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited March 2005
    Oh, hey, as long as we're on this... how can I make Adobe Acrobat/Reader/whatever stop creating the "My eBooks" folder? I hate that folder. And there's no option or anything, unless I missed it... :confused:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    I wonder how much more bloated it is than version 6?
    Well over 6 ...what I noticed about 6 was that after I used it it stayed resident in taskmanager and kept another file wisptis or something like that resident. Every time I used it I had to go stop those services manually.
    Now in 7 I don't have to do it anymore it just does it once I close the program. That was enough for me to like it.
    As far as more diskspace Idunno about that but I'm not that concerned.
    Equally I haven't noticed any extra bs lying around because of it.

Give it a shot and see what you think.
  • edited March 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    I wonder how much more bloated it is than version 6? Version 6 was a definite step backwards to me over version 5, with no new features that I needed but a lot longer load times.

My sentiments exactly! I haven't liked anything about it since version 5. It loads way too slowly for no apparent reason. They couldn't have added that many new features to cause it to load that slowly. In the meantime I'll just stick with version 5. It's a lot more nimble than the bloated new versions.