Ubisoft's Massive '05-'06 Lineup Sports Next-Gen Games

edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
King Kong, Ghost Recon 3, Splinter Cell 4 all coming to next crop of consoles, possibly as early as October; Might and Magic returns, PoP goes PSP, and Rainbow Six 3: Lockdown is pushed back.
Today, Ubisoft became the latest publisher to announce games for the next generation of consoles. As part of its massive lineup for its 2005-2006 fiscal year, which begins on April 1, the France-based publisher announced it would release "four [titles] for the new next-generation console from Microsoft."

While the body of the announcement only singled out Killing Day (working title), an "FPS specifically designed for next-generation consoles" due in Ubisoft's fourth financial quarter (January-March 2006), a lengthy release schedule underneath it listed three other next-generation titles: Ghost Recon 3, Splinter Cell 4, and the game adaptation of The Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson's remake of King Kong. None of the four games were specifically linked to any one console.

Interestingly, Ubisoft's schedule lists two of its next-gen games as coming by the end of the year. The next-generation versions of Ghost Recon 3 (also being released for the PC, Xbox, GameCube, and PlayStation 2), and King Kong (also being released for the DS, PS2, Xbox, GameCube and now the PSP), are both listed as coming during Ubisoft's third fiscal quarter, which runs from October to December 2005. Given the likelihood the PlayStation 2 won't be ready until 2006, the timing of these two titles adds further weight to the growing opinion that the next Xbox will go on sale in time for the holidays. Ubisoft confirmed to GameSpot that both games are slated to ship by the end of the year.
Source: GameSpot

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Where's the sequel to Beyond Good & Evil? :(
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited March 2005
    Might and Magic, woohoo!
  • Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
    edited March 2005
    OMG, Beyond Good & Evil was AMAZING. Absolutey AMAZING. I thought I was the only one that LOVED that game?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    No, it's true. It is amazing, and I love it too. I REALLY wish they'd come out with a sequel.