Getting this error message "Error Signature"

edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
Yes, I'm still getting that error message. I thought I would let ya know what the error message says:

Error Signature
AppName: iexplore.exe
AppVer: 6.0.2800.1104
ModName: vapopupkiller.dll
ModVer: 2.5.0.32
Offset: 000027ec

Please if you know how to fix this error,please let me know I have tried everything I know. :banghead:

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    uninstall the Popupkiller plug-in...
  • edited March 2005
    CBDroege wrote:
    uninstall the Popupkiller plug-in...

Can you tell me how you would do that, cause I have tried every way I know of. Please?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Ah. From that responce, I assume that this is not a program that you installed intentionally...

The error is being caused by a plug-in which uses the file VApopupkiller.dll (this isn't an insight, it's just what your error message says...) that file is a library of resources used by a program called 'Popup Eater'. This is what you want to remove

First-thing: look in the add/remove programs list. If it's there, remove it. Likely, however, it will not be there.

Try using Windows file search to locate the directory where this program is stored. If it is in its own directory, then it would be pretty safe to just delete the directory, if it is hiding in a directory that is in use by another program, then you'll want to be carefull about deletion of the files.

If you are able to get rid of it this way, then the errors might stop. If the errors continue, you might have to do some registry editing. You'll need to remove anything that specifically references the files that Popup eater had placed on your system. If you trust yourself to do that, then go for it, otherwise, come back, and let us know how it's progressing, and we'll try to give you some more assistance.
  • edited March 2005
    Thank you so much for your information. I did like you said, I had to search for the file then when I found it I went to it though program files and was able to delete it. I havn't got an error message in the last 15 mins. I think it worked, if it didn't I will let you know. But thank you so much. :thumbsup:
This discussion has been closed.