edited March 2005 in Folding@Home
Sorry for asking. Nevermind.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    why?
    edited March 2005
    LOL ...well there's really no reason for any of those flags with the new clients is why I am asking ...that's all. :fold:
    Well maybe verbosity ...it only gives more info in the log when set above default.
    And advmethods which will get you beta work ...
    Are you have trouble?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Nope, As far as I know, there's no problem. The log files seem to be running ok. I tried getting into tweaking the folding setup before but it seemed like I was the barnyard buffoon compared to everyone else folding here. So, I even gave up on trying to setup the EMI prog. I think that's what it was called.
    I've rebuilt 3 pc's and the last version I used was 3.25. And when we were using that ver. everyone was putting in the flags. I just didn't know if I had to put the flags in or if the newer version autosets all of that. Just want to get them running the best I can.
    edited March 2005
    Na you don't need them and 503 gui is buggy enough.
    what kind of wu's are you getting right now?
    are you configured as a service?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I just installed the graphic version 5.03 on each pc. They all have different ID's. I read about that prob. in the threads. I'm ok there. Set them to no preference on time limit.
    Office is doing gromacs @ 10 mins per, Wifes is doing tinkers @ 8 mins per, and living room is doing tinkers @ 5 mins per/ -forceasm -advmethods -local -verbosity 9 flags added. Put that on a week or so ago.
    Non configured as a service as far as I know..
    edited March 2005
    :smokin:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    As far as I've learned -forceasm will make the Client fold faster.
    It manually forces optimized assembly on.
    And -local I'm not sure, but I read about it at one of the many folding sites I've scanned through. It supposedly will help. I'd like to try The Electron microscope to monitor progress. Think I might try setting it up tomorrow.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    forceasm will force asmembly optimizations if there was a problem and the optimizations were turned off due to stability or some sort of crash. That will force them back on. It wont actually make it go faster.

-local is used for more than 1 client on the same computer. I am not even sure it does anything anymore.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Thnx for clearing that up mmonnin. That means I can take both off without losing time on the WU's. Appreciate the input.