Halo 2 Expansion Coming Soon?

edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
A Korean-language version of the official Xbox site lists a "Halo 2 X-Pack (Expansion Pack)" in the works.
Though Halo 2 was the second most popular game of 2004, the vast majority of gamers had one major complaint--its ending. Without providing any spoilers, the Xbox shooter's finale feels more than a little truncated, leaving the game's two protagonists--the Master Chief and the Arbiter--in medias res.

In particular, Halo 2's last shot also seemed to set up a sequel with about as much subtlety as the finale of Flash Gordon, prompting speculation that the next-gen Xbox would ship bundled with an expanded Halo 2.5. Another rumor had work on a next-gen Halo 3 well under way, with Microsoft planning to release it the same day the PlayStation 3 goes on sale, presumably in 2006.
Source: GameSpot

Comments

• DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Screw this xbox expansion, we want it for PC!!!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    You got a mouse in your pocket? I want it for XBox. :p
  • Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
    edited March 2005
    PC GOSH DANGIT! (Higher resolutions, better framerates, easier control with a MOUSE *in my pocket*, etc, etc, etc...)
    edited March 2005
    I'm all for PC games. I love PC games. Halo just feels better on XBox, IMO.
  • edited March 2005
    All I know is, Xbox or PC, expansion or whole new game, I REALLY wanna know how Master Chief is gonna "finish this fight!"
  • edited March 2005
    I dont care much about the pc version but I want to see how masterchief kicks the covenates ass for the last time.
  • The-Original-MadMatThe-Original-MadMat Montreal, Canada
    edited March 2005
    Hi... Using Alienware Area 51 <a href="http://www.alienware.com/intro_pages/area-51_5300.aspx&quot; Target="_blank">5300</a> and it blows X-Box away! Have the graphics to the max and no ripping!

I enjoyed the game on X-Box but would like to see it on the PC platform like the first one! Still the ending did leave me a bit flat... MatMan
  • edited March 2005
    Alienware got poopie on it
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Does anybody see what I mean yet?

When we post about video games, the tards crawl out of the wordwork like termites.
  • edited March 2005
    halo should be souly an xbox game it just plays better
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    thrax got poopie on him
  • edited March 2005
    Everyone has POOPie on them
    edited March 2005
    Dono? granted racing games and air combat is more enjoyable on d x-box... it may be me... but it seems choppy and dat bouncin around online, like an idiot, is all x-box can do 4 1st person games... still have not mastered the pad to the extent of realizim i get wit da mouse and keyboard... many times i have converted paddies to the keyboard after they have seen me rip through levels... they really thought they were watching a movie! 2 me, winning is a gimme... but style and motion moves d ocean.
    edited March 2005
    Hey thrax wats melting your wax. Never heard of someone playing games on a Mac... but stranger things do happen... remember comador 64?
    edited March 2005
    Big d yo full of b... different strokes 4 different folks!
    edited March 2005
    Alienware got poopie on it

U have no clue do ya? PCI express... Got 2 256 nvidia cards and swapped my hd 4 d cheeta 15,000 rpm... not talkin bout da cuttie lookin cases wit d alien face but a lean quiet killing machine! black and stacked.
    edited March 2005
    poopie poopoo
    edited March 2005
    Does it really make you feel cool to type "d" instead of "the" and "wit" instead of "with?" Damn! That's annoying! I'm with Thrax on this one. It seems to be only the video game threads that do this.
    edited March 2005
    cyclonite got poopie on him
  • CycloniteCyclonite
    throws poopie at prime!

Mwahahaaa!
    Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    throws poopie at prime!

Mwahahaaa!
  • <--
    edited April 2005
    computer grphics and gameplay are beter on pc, you cant say otherwise cause it is a fact. As for halo better on xbox, no. Halo 1 on pc looks better than halo 2 for xbox. Plus if you want to use a controller that limits movement you can hook them up to the computer with minimal effort!
    edited April 2005
    I can say otherwise, because that is not true of all games. I've had MANY console games that have had better gameplay than a lot of PC games on the market.

Yes, you are restricted by the controller in FPS games in comparison to a mouse and keyboard, but Halo was designed to work with a controller, and I think Bungie did a good job with it.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited April 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    Does anybody see what I mean yet?

When we post about video games, the tards crawl out of the wordwork like termites.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Hey thrax wats melting your wax. Never heard of someone playing games on a Mac... but stranger things do happen... remember comador 64?

No, but I remember the Commodore 64.
  • edited April 2005
    Sucker bitch Freeze

Yeah yeah
  • edited April 2005
    heay heaY

ezeef hctib rekcuS

edited April 2005
    Look! They just keep proving Thrax's point! :rolleyes: