P2P ARES Lite Locked Up...

edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
All of the program's features are functioning properly other than the search feature. For example when attempting to download something, it begins the search, however it never returns any results. Help?!?! Thanks!

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Try reinstalling it.
  • edited March 2005
    I already tried uninstalling ARES and I am experiencing the same problem.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Uninstall and reinstall? Maybe your ISP started blocking ports that the program uses. Try changing them.
  • edited March 2005
    Try changing them...further explanation needed, please?!?!
    edited March 2005
    I've never used Ares but most P2P programs have an option to change the port(s) it uses. Go to the options section of the program and look for the option. If you find it, increase or decrease the number by one or two. If that doesn't work, try another P2P program like Shareaza and see if you still have problems.
  • edited March 2005
    I went into the ARES Control Panel and accessed the transfer tab. I adjusted the 'Accept incoming connections per port', which initially read 12387, to both 12389 and 12385. Nothing seemed to change and then I noticed that the Connection Status continues to read 'Connecting'. What next?
    edited March 2005
    Try another P2P program to see if you still are having problems.