How Do I burn MPG files onto DVD's

edited March 2005 in Internet & Media
I have both DVD and CD burners. I use Record Now for both hardwares. Both are working just fine except one thing.

I cannot burn MPG files with the DVD burner (DVD or CD) unless the MPG files are converted to DVD format first. This is a waste of time converting all my MPG files. There must be another way around this. Could I be wrong about all this?

Can burn MPG with my CD burner to Cd's, but some of my MPG files are too big and require a bigger media disk such as DVD's.

Can anyone help me with this PLEASE!

Comments

• TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited March 2005
    Hi. I use Record Now as my DVD/CD burner.

You should be able to burn .MPG files using Record Now because I've done it before.

What options do choose in record now? What happens when you try to burn the file(s)?
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited March 2005
    If you are trying to play the finished burn back as a DVD, ie, on a consumer DVD player, then you have to convert it to DVD format.

If you just want to use the DVD as a storage medium, then burn your DVD as a data disk using a program like Nero, and do not use a DVD authoring program because it will assume you are making a DVD for playback.

Dexter...
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited March 2005
    www.doom9.org

great site, i got my dvd burner the other day and ive been reading the guides and tutorials