Hi, I need help getting rid of BackDoor-BDD

Hi! Benjy here.
My *&$% brother-in-law was staying with us for a while and must have been surfing some unseemly areas of the web and got my computer infected with BackDoor-BDD. I am not a computer literati. My McAfee virus scan keeps saying that it cleaned it, but it doesn't. I got very excited when I found your site and Dexter's cure for removing Home Search Assistant. Unfortunately, I am stuck on Step 10. I am running in Safe Mode, but my keyboard is not responding, so I am unable to set up the Quarantine folder or move the bogus files into a New Folder even.

Please help!!

Cheers,
Benjy

Comments

• Buckeye_SamBuckeye_Sam Columbus, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    We need to get a look at what's running on your computer in order to help you. Please follow the directions at this link to download a tool called Hijackthis and post a log.

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172584&postcount=2
  • edited March 2005
    Thanks Buckeye! I started a new thread with the HJT log and some additional info. It is probably already popping up on your hit list!
    Thanks for taking such good care of us users.
    benjy
  • edited March 2005
    Dear Buckeye Sam, or powers that be:
    I'm sorry, maybe I made a mistake and should not have started a new thread. Please feel free to give me tips on threadiquette and delete this thread, if that's possible. My other thread has all the relevant data and HJT log.

Thanks a million!

benjy
This discussion has been closed.