OmegaDrivers News

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
Angel Trinidad over at OmegaDrivers.net, the creator of high quality modified Nvidia ForceWare and ATI Catalyst drivers, has posted a news item detailing why there hasn't been any recent new Omega driver releases.
First of all, sorry for my absence.

Second, I don't know if u have noticed, but the modded driver community has become a joke, there are so many wannabe's trying so hard to become someone around the world, and unfortunately, for them, this has become competition to get the "best driver set" out, well, let me clue them in, they are just making things worse, in fact, they are damaging the community as a whole, why?, people that don't know ANYTHING about what a video driver is and want to keep their PC up to date are getting confused, there are so many driver options that the only posts you see in forums are "Which drivers are better?" or "Which driver should I use?", with the following responses of over 10 different driver sets, which of course, doesn't help at all.
Right now I feel like I'm not needed anymore in the community, almost no one is sponsoring my work and I feel like a left over, I don't even feel like making any other driver set since I think it will be another worthless effort, copycats just want to compete and I don't feel like that, I prefer they do their own battles and I stay on the margin of offering a good alternative product that fills the necessity of the people, but like I said, that's just a thought, don't take this as the end of the Omega Drivers cause is not.
Source: Omegadrivers.net

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    AWE MAN, I used those drivers almost exclusivly.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    :(
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    He's right. Omega drivers were the first, the best.. If I had a dollar for every cheap-ass "OPTIMIZED 4 PERFORMANCE & QUALITY" drivers that followed Omega, and did a ****ty job, I'd be a rich fellow.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited March 2005
    hope he can get back on his feet

his are the drivers I use on my laptops