Folding advertisement! Download, print, and paste!

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited July 2006 in Folding@Home
Here's a PDF File that you can download and print out, and paste around town.

It's designed for laser printers - an inkjet will choke on this one :p

Get to posting! :thumbsup:

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    no mention of team 93? :bawling:
  • edited March 2005
    I dig the url pointing to the forum like that. Now I feel like we're getting somewhere. I think I may come up with some adverts like that too with the url. Maybe it's shirt time again.
  • edited March 2005
    csimon wrote:
    no mention of team 93? :bawling:

Did you follow the url? It points right to the forums in the right place :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    csimon: anybody who sees that will either ignore it or go visit joinfolding.com

and what happens when you visit joinfolding.com? :cool:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2005
    You sure are a smart cookie, Brian. ;D

Top marks for a top effort. :thumbsup:
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    i'm guess u will go to the site joinfolding.com??? :confused:

do i get a prize prime?? :D
    edited March 2005
    Leishi: I wanna see Ann Arbor PASTED with those things :rarr:
    edited March 2005
    i will try........
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2005
    Leishi, just take out a one-page add. ;D;D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I'm don't think the site will forward to that thread long-term. I want to do something more user-friendly than that. There will be a prominent link to the thread though.
    edited March 2005
    Here are some other formats:

White on Black, 4 up - 11mb
    Black on White, 4 up - 11mb
    Black on White, full page -800k
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    Let us know when something is up there and I will go to OSU and post it all over there. 30k+ students or so on campus.:) Maybe I will have to try CS as well.

I hope all the college students here will give this a shot. I mean if its like any other college I have seen, anything and everything can go up on a posting board.

White on Black: Bad link.
    edited March 2005
    link fixed
    edited March 2005
    yeah, i guess i will take advantage of my unlimited printing on campus cause i'm an engineering student, and print couple hundred of those, and post them up.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    Props to the primesta for the snazzy fliers.

I also wanted to mention that it was Keeb's stroke of brilliance which secured the joinfolding.com domain.

We are in the presence of true genius. :respect:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    Ditto prof's thoughts.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I'll post it around my area at work.
    On Thursday we have a state VICA skills competition going on. Students from all around the state will be there and my area includes the majority of the computer competitions. So that may help drum up a few interests. :fold:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Great work team... with commitment like this, we'll take our top 10 spot back in no time...

Fold on my friends, fold on!!!
  • edited March 2005
    Leishi, since you have access to unlimited printing, would it be possible to print me up about 100 of the full page white on black (which is actually black on white) full page and ship them to me in Louisiana? I'll pay for the shipping, should still come out cheaper than kinko's for me.

KingFish
    edited March 2005
    Hold that thought. I'm thinking of getting some "street team" packages together to ship to people who can commit to pasting stuff around and being a cheerleader...
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2005
    Sorry prime but none of those links work for me. They start to load the reader but there's no content then it crashes.
    edited March 2005
    I would right click and save link as.... I never had much luck with the acrobat reader plugin either.
  • edited March 2005
    The plugin tends to choke on large pdf's especially if the connection gets flaky or it begins to take a long time to download. Save it to disk like prime said or click on it to view it, go mow the lawn, take the family out to dinner, then come back and it may be displayed by then.
    edited March 2005
    i could do that, if prime's idea doesn't come through, then u can contact me.
  • edited March 2005
    Thanks Leishi!
    /me now tries to concentrate on "holding that thought"
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited April 2005
    I've just printed some of these to put up at work. I did them in negative to save some ink and found there's a cog in the middle. Neat.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    I just printed 500 of these today at work. ;D, yeh, that's right 500:D. Can you say big ass xerox capable of 70 some ppm. Yeh, it is fast and has like a 20,000 sheet capacity or something. I clicked print, walked down to the printer/copier, and by the time I got their, it was already 3/4 done. Now I just have to convince staples to cut them for free and I will be in business with 2,000 fliers. :vimp:
    edited July 2006
    nice!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Awesome! :rockon:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    yeh, I printed some more off, the stack of uncut flyers is like 8 inches tall!!!!:eek:

I think I have printed like 3 reams of paper now. Now I have to find someone with a big enough paper cutter to cut it, I dont know if staples has one or not, I may have to go to a printshop, and they might cut it for me. I will have to post a pic of the stack.

I might print off some 11x17" one if they are of decent quality.