Stupid ping times.

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
Hi guys, sorry for the length of this.
I've been having trouble with my 3Mb ntl BB conection. I play CoD online every day. For the last 3 or 4 weeks my pings have been going daft. I can monitor the ping in game and if I'm on a server with a ping of, say, 50 my ping will be around that but as I watch it it will go 50, 52, 48, 58, 390, 52 etc, it keeps peaking to very high levels. The effect in the game is that I keep jumping six feet in another direction and it makes it impossible to play. If I walk away and try again an hour later it will be fine, this is a problem that is intermittant. I have complained to ntl and their tech support tells me the line is over subscribed. I got a free month of them but I don't care if it is free for ever if I can't use it. I've just tried again and it's impossible so I ran a speed test from dslreports which says I'm connected at less than a 56k modem! I rang ntl AGAIN, he said being over subscribed shouldn't effect it that much and it must be my PC (standard ntl responce) I have run the same speed test on the other PC and got the same result, both PCs run everything else with no problems. Does anybody know of a prog that can log and\or display my connection speeds? Is there any way to monitor this so I can present the facts to ntl?

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited March 2005
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2005
    Well I often whinge about ntl but this time it wasn't down to them. Sorry ntl, Thanks Dan. :thumbsup:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    No worries :D

Short-Media tech-support home visits now offered at cheap rates ;D
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2005
    And worth every penny. :D
    AND you get a free Belkin mouse with every visit!