Internet Explorer won't work, need help ASAP

SmallsSmalls Boring Missouri
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
My friends Internet will not work for some reason. He has High speed internet. I know the internet works because I brought over X box and played Halo 2. Please post. Thanks

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Could you specify how it won't work? Pages won't load, display incorrectly or it simply won't run? What OS is this on?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Did it work before and now it's broken? Or has it just never worked (like, is it a new computer being added to the network)?
  • SmallsSmalls Boring Missouri
    edited March 2005
    It did work for a long time and then for some reason one day he tried to go in to it and it said (Page can not be displayed) He said he may of uninstalled it but not sure. How would he get it back?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I don't think you can easily uninstall IE. You could try installing/reinstalling SP2 which brings an updated version of IE.
    edited March 2005
    What is SP2? what would be the best way to get back on the net? I went in to command and did ipconfig he was missing his defalt gateway. How would I get that back on?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    You can't uninstall network connectivity. Something got changed.

First of all, go to a command prompt. (Click start-->run--> type "CMD" and hit enter)

Type ipconfig /all and see what you get. Post your results here.
    edited March 2005
    I typed that in and he was missing his gateway I think that his ethernet port is bad so i am going to replace it thanks for all the help

Smalls