OCZ PC4000 gold EL and DFI Ultra D

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited March 2005 in Hardware
Hey Mac
Any suggestions on how to set all the mem timmings on the Ultra D board ?

I can't seem to get Memtest stable over 250 fsb. with my 2 x 512 sticks in DC
I used these settings from DFI Street forum.

Any help would be appreciated !

The DFI bios is waaaaay over my head :confused:

Thanks

Scott
Edit to add screenie

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    scott,

Can you tell what cpu and stepping you have as well as what bios you use right now?
    I'll try to load the exact same rig here so that we can have a similar setup.

Here is some tweaks with a newcaslte. This is all set in the bios, so all you have to do is change things as the A64 say. 2.8-2.9 vdimm. Start with a low multiplier on the cpu and use 4 on the ldt multi. Also use the orange slots ONLY for best results.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Hi Mac
    I changed the fsb/ltd multi to 3x and was able to do 3 loops of memtest86+ at 270 fsb :)

I am running the "SledgeClaw" that everybody is talking about. I got one of the favorable steppings. The odd part is with everything set at default or "Auto" CPU-Z detects it as a clawhammer. After messing around in the bios it now says newcastle.
    The steppings are
    ADA3500 EP4AS
    CAA2C 0505 APMW
    1213174 B50017

Right now it is prime stable at 2600 mghz. It ran prime for about 5 hrs @ 270 x 10 and then errored. I did manage to get a 32sec run in super pi for 1M

Right now all this rig will do is fold. I can not afford $500 video card(s) right now. So for the time being it is just a borg in the farm. So if loose timmings won't hurt folding performance, that is fine with me.

Iwill try those timings. I will need better cooling to run that voltage though

here is where I am now.

Edit 3/10 bios
    2700.JPG 119.7K
    edited March 2005
    So from 250 to 270? Not bad at all. There's still much to do on those timings though.

Actually, folding do care about timings and memory...the large tinkers which utilize a lot of memory. Fast ram really helps on those units.
    edited March 2005
    Scott,

I have now tested the Hynix here for a while. It doesn't clock as well on the DFI as on other boards for some reason, but i managed 260 at pretty tight timings so bandwidth is pretty good. 1.6 volts on the chipset and 1.2 volts on the ldt. Vdimm jumper to the 3.3 rail position. No fans over the vdimm (might be useful to use a fan if you have a hot ambient, but the sticks doesn't get hot at all at 2.94 vdimm)

LDT multi at 4 and ALWAYS use low cpu speed and voltage when testing memory.

This is the settings i used in the memory section. 2.94 vdimm (haven't tried lower, only higher which gives errors) A=AUTO, DIS=DISABLE, EN=ENABLE

A
    A
    En
    A
    A
    A
    DIS
    DIS

Hope that helps :)
    edited March 2005
    Thanks Mac !!!

Trying now

How about CPC en or dis ?

Scott
    edited March 2005
    Enabled sir :)
    edited March 2005
    Thanks again Mac!! :thumbsup:

It would not pass super Pi I changed (Trp ) to 4 and all is happy now.
    I did have CPC enabled, These settings bumped my sandra scores almost 100
    They are 7286 / 7205 mb.

Now that The memory is pretty well nailed down I think it is time to head over to the OC forum and pick some brains there. I can't seem to get over 2.6ghz.

Thanks a ton Mac , I really appreciate the help !!!

Scott

Ps. This thing folds really fast !
    edited March 2005
    Good man! Just let me know if there is anything else we can do. :)