SLI with 6600GT's, Is it worth it?

RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
edited March 2005 in Hardware
I was reading a review on the SLI capabilities with the 6600GT's and they said that 2 of them really didnt improve anything that much. I was just curious what you guys thought using SLI with the 6600GT's(what kind of improvements can I expect to see over using 1 6600GT, etc;)

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    It depends on the game. Some games can use both GPUs to its fullest and some will only use one.
  • edited March 2005
    From everything I've read, SLI is too buggy right now to be worth the money. Perhaps it will work better with the next-gen chipset?
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    You will get equal performance from (1X) 6800GT (for the same amout of money) or (1X) X800XL (less money) in most applications. Trust me , I was in the same boat not very long ago. Now (2X) 6800GT's is a whole different story as well as a whole lot more cash! For (2X) any card you will also need to make sure you have a top quality PSU (more money) as the demands are substantially greater!!!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    TheSmJ wrote:
    From everything I've read, SLI is too buggy right now to be worth the money. Perhaps it will work better with the next-gen chipset?
    SMJ
    Links please!
  • edited March 2005
    I've read hints as to future driver rev.s allowing users to configure SLI for their own games, dunno how effective it is or how well it will work but for people that have games that aren't supported by the drivers and have SLI that'll be a godsend.
  • edited March 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    SMJ
    Links please!

To stuff about it being buggy as hell? Just check out the forums over at NVNews.net. There are TONS of posts from people complaining about SLI's bugs.