Audigy Problems

edited September 2003 in Hardware
I have a soundblaster audigy gamer and I just reinstalled xp today. Whenever I go to install the drivers I downloaded from the soundblaster site, it says that it cannot find a soundblaster card on my computer. But windows tells me that there is a multimedia card installed on the computer, which would be the audigy.... anyone know what I should do?

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited August 2003
    The online Creative drivers are funny, (for the most part) they are really only intended for updating the original drivers supplied with the card. i.e So they expect drivers already to have been installed.

You can either do one of two things:

1) Head on over to this thread http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2162 which will have all the information you will need to install the drivers manually from a dowloaded Creative Driver Pack, e.g .exe file.

or

2) Get your hands on your original Audigy driver CD and install them off the CD either manually, in a similar fashion to above, or use the CD's automatic installation routine.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Cheers
  • Jolyon33Jolyon33 Kalamazoo, MI
    edited September 2003
    Uh oh, hope its not the dreaded "eeprom" audigy issue. If you cannot load your drivers off your cd this could be the case. Device manager will be showing your card as a "WDM" multimedia card. If it is and your drivers won't load than this is likely the case. Another sure sign is if your 1394 controller won't work.

I hope this isn't the case, but if it is you can read all about it here:
    http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/forums/thread.asp?thre=28614&foru=51&page=1
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    If it's not the EPROM issue then why not try updating to the Audigy 2 drivers, gives you 64 hardware sound channels rather than 32 and is a lot newer reversion of the drivers.

I've done a (no-so good) guide here if you are interested. Audigy Upgrade Guide