Help with Am37 which was bought with a Compaq s4020wm

edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
I'm having the same problem as in this thread.

Need help with my am37 which was bought with a compaq s4020wm presario i want to update bios to fic's version i've tried everything all i end up with is part number does not math or unknown flash chip.

Im currently waiting on my soyo ky-880 dragon 2 v2.0 to come in but i need to use my comp for diffrent things and the onboard video is killing me takin up to much ram and it just sucks how can i fix this i saw that i might have to replace my flash chip but im not that expiercend with computers to be soilderin things to it i need some help e-mail me at xlilwyte44xNOSPAM@aol.com if u can help

E-mail address edited by Spinner, remove the NOSPAM.

Comments

• edited March 2005
    and also for some reason when i checked my motherboard with everest it said my motherboard was a am35 for some reason which doesn't even exsist and im getting lower performance then a p2 at 350 mhz that really sucks can someone please help me
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited March 2005
    Posts split off from this thread and merged with this one. Posts edited for continuity.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    You are going to need to stick with the Compaq BIOS, unless you really start modifing stuff.