windows help needed ASAP

i tried to delete and copy and paste my htread from spyware to here... because i think my problem is now a windows one...

i had the home search assistant hijacker and used a guide by "dexter" to take it off.

during which i must have gotten rid of some important dll or something because now my computer is running very strangely.

the taskbar is gone and i have to go to control panel to make it appear...when i minimize windows they wont minimize into the toolbar but rather underneath it... a real pain. i cant print, links dont work, and i have lost my copy and paste functions. navigating the internet is a very big pain and using my computer is pretty much only a possibility based on my extremely well grasp of key commands(alt-tab is the only way i can navigate thru programs as they minimize under my taskbar or "below" where my monitor shows...

i tried to do a recovery install of xp pro and when it asked for my admin password i just hit enter since i dont have a pw. then it took me to a C:\windows screen and i had to type exit to get it to leave...

please help as this is my parents computer and im only home for the week and they are a little bit upset as well as could imagine...

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited March 2005
    you went to the recovery console, this is not where repair installs occur. to do a repair install, you need to hit Enter to Set-Up windows and continue until it shows you the list of available partitions. at the bottom of the screen it should say something like "Windows has been previously installed, hit F8 to repair the existing install"
  • edited March 2005
    TheBaron wrote:
    you went to the recovery console, this is not where repair installs occur. to do a repair install, you need to hit Enter to Set-Up windows and continue until it shows you the list of available partitions. at the bottom of the screen it should say something like "Windows has been previously installed, hit F8 to repair the existing install"

okay i will try this and then post again

thanks a lot for the speedy reply its very very appreciated.