Calling any Vid Wizzys

XuiXui
edited May 2005 in Internet & Media
Hiya guys,

thought this might be a good place to get a question answered :)

I have a very important avi file, in dib format for some weird and unexplainable reason. Anyway this particular file is corrupt at the last part, which happens to be empty space, so im not fussed about losing the corrupt section.

I can view the file in wmp but cant edit it. Ive tried pinnacle studio 9.4.3 , premiere 6, video fixer 3.2.3 ( ) and video 4 windows 1.1 but nothing will touch it at an editing lvl.

Any of you guys have any ideas on how i can rescue this file id be grateful ?

its annoying how i can view it but cant edit to a useable format and unfortunately i dont have the original source anymore.

please help me .. your my only hope

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Try VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 b2349.

Go to video -> scan video stream for errors -> delete bad frames
  • XuiXui
    edited March 2005
    OMG !!!! :D

just tried that and its fixed it ... (ive just saved the 2nd 1/2 of my wedding speech)

Thanks a lot m8.. you saved my skin .. :thumbsup:
    edited March 2005
    Freeware wins again. :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Bump: Thrax, is there a program that can fix broken ASFs? VDM won't since ASF is copyrighted or some crap.
    edited May 2005
    Not that I'm aware of.
    edited May 2005
    poopy
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Bump: Thrax, is there a program that can fix broken ASFs? VDM won't since ASF is copyrighted or some crap.
    What do you mean about broken ASFs? The ones you can't seek (correct term?) in?
    edited May 2005
    no, you can seek before it gets to an abrupt end. We tried a tool called asftool 3.10 but it didn't fix it. It found "bad chunks" and said it could repair them, but it only added like 1 second to the video.
  • edited May 2005
    no, you can seek before it gets to an abrupt end. We tried a tool called asftool 3.10 but it didn't fix it. It found "bad chunks" and said it could repair them, but it only added like 1 second to the video.

Call me Brian. I have something that should work for you...