remove offeroptimizer

here is my logfile; any help is appriciated. Thanks!
--removed

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited April 2005
    Welcome to Short-Media. If you are not sure how to do some of the things I tell you, check the links I provide for instructions. You may want to print these instructions out for easy reference, or copy and paste to Notepad. Do not leave your browser open while performing these fixes.

If you have not done so already, please first Run Ad Aware and Spybot S&D.
    This is explained, along with several other things, in the link above titled Steps To Take Before Posting a Hijack This Log.

Please make sure that HijackThis.exe is in its own folder, as explained here. I can tell by your log that HJT is running straight from the Zip folder, as it is showing a Temp Directory in the file path. Please fix this by following the linked instructions on how to properly install and run HJT.

Set your system to Show Hidden Files and folders.

For Windows XP or ME, Disable System Restore.

Make sure that all Internet Explorer or any other browser windows or internet applications are closed. Do not have any other unnecessary programs running.

Run Hijack This. FIX THE FOLLOWING (place a checkmark beside the entries, and then press the Fix Checked button) :

<ITEMS EDITED OUT AT USER'S REQUEST>

Stay in Safe mode, manually locate the exe and dll files in the entries above, and quarantine them.

Reboot normally, check things out, and come back to let us know how it turned out. Post a fresh HJT log for review. If things looks clean, re-enable your system restore and set a new restore point.

Please make sure to always do regular Windows Updates. If you do not have Automatic Updates active on your computer, then please click on www.windowsupdate.com, and follow the instructions. Always install all CRITICAL UPDATES.

Short-Media recommends Firefox for a safer, faster internet browser.

Please read our article on Defeating Spyware for tips on how to improve your Internet Explorer security, or to learn how to switch to a different browser. For more general information about spyware read this page.

Please install some spyware protection. From our Security Downloads Page download and install Spyware Blaster, Spybot S&D and Spyware Shooter. All 3 contain protection measures to help protect you from spyware, especially useful if you choose to stay on Internet Explorer.

Finally, if you have not already done so, please take the time to find out more about Folding For a Cure, a good cause by which your computer uses it's spare power to help search for cures to diseases. We would love to have you on our Team.

Again, please make sure to come back and let us know if the problem is solved.

Dexter...
  • edited April 2005
    Hey thanks.

I was able to use Hijackthis.exe to find the damn thing and get rid of it;

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.