text on a path

edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
WE all know how to set text on a path. But does anyone know how to
set the text on a circle, or whatever so that the top of the text is attached
to the path, RE: text should appear reading left to right at the bottom of
a circle, while the text at the top reads left to right but the bottom of the text is attached to the path.
This will be done in Illustrator CS preferably, but Photoshop if it can't.
Thanks in advance
RonM :shakehead

Comments

• RewiredRewired Member
    edited April 2005
    Ron,

Howdy brother. Here is my best shot:

Have the focus on the text layer you want to distort. (There should be two text layers, one for the top half of the circle and another for the bottom half.) Click WRAP TEXT on the properties panel and select ARC. You can modify the BEND attribute to create both halfs of your circle. I selected 100% for the top portion and -100% for the bottom. Then I lowered the bottom arc a few pixels to get it just right.

This was all done in Photoshop CS. If I can help you more, let me know.

-Michael (andfitchandyou)
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    If memory serves me right from last semester's computation in art class, there is a specific tool to allow you to do this. In order to use what I think is called the Path Type Tool, you first create an object and make it a path. Click on the path type tool and click on the path, then add in your text and you're set.
  • edited April 2005
    Havn't been to this forum for a while, so I just now looked at these replies. I havn't tried it yet but I believe that Micheal has it. That's basically the way I've been doing it anyway. Night's solution just wraps the text around the circle left to right, But thanks anyway. I was hoping for something that doesn't exist I suppose
  • RewiredRewired Member
    edited April 2005
    NiGHTS,

I wasn't able to find the Path Type Tool in Photoshop 7? What are you using?

Ron Matt,

If you do use my techniqe you very well might run into the problem I've illustrated below:

-Mike-
  • edited April 2005
    Exactly, which is why I'm searching for a solution. I simply ain't gonna get CS2. Text on a path in CS is buggy. Thanks for the effort.I'm sure I'll come up with something