MSI mobo testing

toybox99615toybox99615 Kodiak, Alaska
edited April 2005 in Hardware
OK I've just got an itch to have some tech with all the right stuff check out an MSI K7N2 Delta mobo. Yes I know we live in a swap and shop kind of world where actual technitians who can do this are very very rare. But this board has gotten my ire to the boiling point. And before this litle critter gets its transfer to a land fill I'd just like to know. So anyone who knows someone who could actually check this thing out with some factory level test please email me.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    The best way to test a MB is to set it up in a barebones configuration (CPU, Memory, Video Card only) using parts you know to be good. If it gets into the bios alright, add a HD and cdrom and install an OS. Add everything else (Sound, LAN, etc) in later.

What exactly seems to be the problem with the board?

One of our top members lives in Alaska. I know it's a pretty big state and that doesn't necessarily mean he's all that close to you. He's out of town on business right now, but he may be willing to take a look at it for you when he gets back.

If you're really ready to pitch the board and are willing to risk spending a couple bucks postage on a possible lost cause, our SMx Project is looking for MB donations. As the word "donate" implies, you'd be permanently giving it to Team 93, but if we can get it working it will live out its days doing a great service to humanity.

In any case, we will be happy to help you get it going if it's at all possible. :)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited April 2005
    You would probably be surprised how the factory tests that board.

They put a known good cpu and memory in it for a little bit. Nothing extended. It's not worth their time. Their cost to make one is less then the price for a tech to mess with it for 30 minutes.

Can you detail a little more about why you think the boards bad?

I can test the board for you. You pay shipping both ways. Or...... I'll be back up there black bear hunting in the fall durring the salmon run and just hang onto it till then... (big grin)

Actually I just shipped a bunch of cd's and dvd's to a guy in the Islands in southeastern Alaska and I was surprised how cheap the postage was so a MB probably won't be that bad.

But when she said well... "lets see... regular postage is 5.28 cents and thats 5 to 6 weeks delivery (WTF??) or priority mail is 2 to 3 days usually and thats $ $6.80 I did start laughing... FIVE TO SIX WEEKS ? Are they walking this stuff up to you guys or what? I told her I could ride a mountaion bike from Colorado to Alaska in less time then that.

But then again last time I was up there I died laughing at a big grocery store trying to buy a couple loafs of bread, a big package of bologna, some potatoe chips and some candy bars and it was like $25 or something. LMAO. Thats like 8 bucks down here. What you guys pay for food up there is outrageous.

You can buy a new MB for 5 trips to McDonalds up there I bet.

Tex