lian li v series plus

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Hardware
it looks like the best of lian li just got better.
I usually check the website (www.lian-li.com) to check out the latest and well today was not exception.
It seems that a v + series is on the way with ducting and better cooling techniques.

I've heard how cool the present v series is ...I can't wait to see a review on the v-plus! :thumbsup:

http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/M_V_C_PC-V1000.htm

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    and the v1200 plus
  • edited April 2005
    It's a nice looking case but they really need to hire someone who natively speaks the English language for translating what they mean. ;D;D
    edited April 2005
    ;D rotsa ruck!
  • edited April 2005
    Have you seen any of thse for sale yet, Chris?
    edited April 2005
    no not yet ...newegg doesn't have them yet for sure.
    I'm hoping that these will either replace the original v series and/or drive them cheaper!

ps: I called your house this morning and asked your wife to have you call me when you come inland ...but I got my rig started so all is well for now. I hope! :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2005
    OK, I'll give you a call when I get inand see how it's going. Phone reception is spotty out here too; some days it's decent and some days it just isn't going with my cell phone. Yesterday I called my wife from out on the heliport and I was getting decent reception but the wind was blowing around 30 mph. ;D;D
    edited April 2005
    yeah we get absolutely slim to no reception from rockeffeller refuge.
  • edited April 2005
    Yep, that's a big dead area, for sure.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    There's only 2.5 changes compared to the "old" V series that i just got. The duct at the back is moved down to the psu area, the duct for the cpu and the blowfan that is going over the videocards/peripheral cards. I only see trouble with these changes actually. Try to insert/remove anything with that blowfan installed.

I'm sorry to see that they still haven't figured out to have the harddrives rails centrated at the bottom so that we can choose to have the harddrives both ways. I rather have the cables behind than in front.
    edited April 2005
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    There's only 2.5 changes compared to the "old" V series that i just got. The duct at the back is moved down to the psu area, the duct for the cpu and the blowfan that is going over the videocards/peripheral cards. I only see trouble with these changes actually. Try to insert/remove anything with that blowfan installed.

I'm sorry to see that they still haven't figured out to have the harddrives rails centrated at the bottom so that we can choose to have the harddrives both ways. I rather have the cables behind than in front.
    Yes while the changes are minimal it's difficult to say which ones work and which ones don't without having both samples at hand however ...it is my intuition that you will have the changed parts available to convert your original v series to a plus. The extra components are listed as "parts" on the site and they are the 12cm blower, 12cm cpu duct, and 8cm psu duct.
    http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Accessories/Other.htm
    Mac I think you'd be the perfect candidate to request those extra parts and do a challenge review! :thumbsup:
  • edited May 2005
    I have always had an appeal to the Lian-Li cases and I just purchased one that fits to all my requirements...I hope. This is a variation on the V2000 series models but is called V2000 Plus in which it adds extra cooling. I bought mine from www.monarchcomputer.com.
    Here's a direct link:
    http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100172&Category_Code=C1-LL

A direct link to Lian-Li's website of the V2000 Plus:
    http://lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/S_V_S_PC-V2000plus.htm

This thing should be a cooling monster with the additional blower fan and CPU air duct. I'll find out very soon, I can't wait! :thumbsup: