Computer will not complete xp setup

pcscustompcscustom Oklahoma
edited August 2007 in Hardware
Yesterday I finally decided to do a reformat. (hard drive was damn near full) So Luckilly i have most everything backed up. So I start xp setup and get to the partition screen and delete the partition. BAM I get a blue screen so I am like WTF?! I go into bios and clock everything back to stock and get further in setup. Now it gets to the windows portion and gets to installing hardware. The screen goes black and doesnt come back.. I dont know what to do, god it sucks when your baby is sick.

Trev

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Have you tested the memory? You might want to run the diagnostic from your HD manufacturer, too.

Good luck - we've all been there, and it truly does ruin your day... :(
  • SobeHallSobeHall San Angelo, Texas
    edited August 2007
    So I guess I have a similar problem. First off my computer would not get past the 'Setup is Starting windows' message and simply froze ... I followed some troubleshooting tips from another site and eventually made it through this part, the initial setup lets me format the hdd and it copies all files to the correct windows directory with no errors at all and then restarts the machine. Instead of starting the second part of the installation ( the 39 mins or whatever part) it loads the cd and begins the initial installation all over again. so I cancel the initial setup from going through again, remove the cd and try to boot from the hdd and it continuosly reboots the machine at the point it should load from the hdd. So I put the installation cd in again and let it go through until it asks me to format, I can clearly see that the installation files were moved to the hdd, because space has been used. Als oI can do repair console and it is an option to access the windows folder on my c:/ ... so I don't know how to get the computer to begin the second part of installation. Any help would be appreciated.