A nice mouse

BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
edited April 2005 in Hardware
I need a nice mouse since mine is broken (uses a ball)

Are there any nice laser wired or wireless mouses

Without the werid shaped mouses. Just like a nice standard mouse.

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    Theres many nice ones take your pick
    www.logitech.com
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    There's "nice" and then there's "NICE"

What's your budget? :)
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited April 2005
    Lets just say I have enough money for a NICCCEE mouse.
    edited April 2005
    Best....mouse.....evar.

:D

(i have one, it is awesome)
    edited April 2005
    how does it fit your hand. looks round O_O!
    edited April 2005
    It's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. You could probably go to any office supply store (office depot has them, etc.) to try it out, see if you like the "fit".

On a side note: I LOVE YOUR AVATAR

Bubbleman rules, but not as much as Aquaman (MM8) :p
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited April 2005
    It's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. You could probably go to any office supply store (office depot has them, etc.) to try it out, see if you like the "fit".
    Thats a good suggestion, i was at compUSA and they had one on display and i changed my mind immeadietely(sp?) Make sure you buy of newegg, at office stores it was selling for 70-80 bucks. Wow, this mouse fits your hand PEFECT, which is the main reason I bought it. The battery life on this mouse is amazing as well.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Throw another vote in for the MX1000. Best mouse I've ever used. I upgraded from an MX700, which I'd consider the second best mouse I've ever used. :)
  • edited April 2005
    And im going to third? fourth? that recomendation. i LOVE the MX1000 great battery and when it gets low it usally charges within 3hours, completly! I got my for christmas at frys and its was 79.99 + tax (not my money tho :) ) so if you do get it, go with newegg!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    MX1000 owns so hard. I wish they made a keyboard/mx1000 duo so I could ditch my 700 getup.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited April 2005
    that other Logitech looks good, but I'm VERY Happy with the mouse I have- Logitech Click It! Optical Mouse (wired). it has an application switch button that you can program to do anything. I have it to minimize all- i love it!!!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=6906
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I have that cordless plus keyboard and mouse setup... I don't know how "nice" it is supposed to be. But I am now using it above my MX700 mouse I bought a while back. It just feels better all around.

I do want a MX1000 though, got to use it and it really is..."!ECIN"
    edited April 2005
    I might just get a nice 10 dollar optical mouse corded :)
    edited April 2005
    The logitech MX518 for wired and the mx 1000 for wireless are my recomendations.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    The logitech MX518 for wired and the mx 1000 for wireless are my recomendations.
    I think he meant MX510. Anyway, I have one, and it's great. But I've never used an MX1000. Looks awesome, laser tracking instead of optical, and cordless! You can't lose! :D

I think they fit the same too, and my MX510 is extremely comfortable.
    edited April 2005
    TheGr81 wrote:
    I think he meant MX510. Anyway, I have one, and it's great. But I've never used an MX1000. Looks awesome, laser tracking instead of optical, and cordless! You can't lose! :D

I think they fit the same too, and my MX510 is extremely comfortable.

The mx 518 is the new 510

Its basicly a wired version of the mx1000
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    MX1000 > *

I bought it, loved it and if it died would be another :cool:
  • 07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
    edited April 2005
    BUY THE MX510, it is made for gaming and if you get a hand cramp using it you can go to hell. The mX1000 is good if you can handle replacing batteries more often than you expect. If you can handle a cable buy the MX510 because it is a hardcore rock solid mouse. BUY IT!
    edited April 2005
    07mavribea wrote:
    BUY THE MX510, it is made for gaming and if you get a hand cramp using it you can go to hell. The mX1000 is good if you can handle replacing batteries more often than you expect. If you can handle a cable buy the MX510 because it is a hardcore rock solid mouse. BUY IT!
    The mx 510 is obsolite and will be replaced by the mx 518. I suggest he gets a mx 518
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    07mavribea wrote:

First of all, probably not a good idea to insult someone if they don't share the same opinion as you. Secondly, the MX1000 is rechargeable. You don't replace any batteries.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    07mavribea wrote:
    if you get a hand cramp using it you can go to hell.
    Please be respectful of other members. :)
  • edited April 2005
    07mavribea wrote:
    The mX1000 is good if you can handle replacing batteries more often than you expect.
    :confused: How come i dont ever remember changing the batteries on my mouse?....OH thats right, it dosn't have batteries. i just put it in its cradle when i go to sleep and it recharges itself! Now how could i forget that?
    edited April 2005
    huh... why don't i ever remember changing my batteries OR charging it? OH YEAH.. thats because its one of those GOOD MICE! WIRED!! The practical kind!! My 5-button optical mouse works just right! :D
    edited April 2005
    My MX1000 has insane battery life. I've left it off the cradle for a week and it still works fine.
  • edited April 2005
    Pilotwings119: hey calm down i was just pointing out how 07mavribea was wrong about the batteries issue with the mx1000. If you think wired mice are
    GOOD MICE! WIRED!! The practical kind!!
    then good for you and keep using them because i wasnt sayng anything against wired mice.

and i agree with primesuspect comment, i usally put it in the cradle once a week or so depending on how much i use my computer.
    edited April 2005
    diminion wrote:
    If you think wired mice are then good for you and keep using them because i wasnt sayng anything against wired mice.

i was jus playin.. my bad :tongue:
  • 07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
    edited April 2005
    I am sorry to every one i offened by my analogy. I was just trying to get a point a cross and meant nothing more by it.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited April 2005
    The MX1000 comes with a base station that recharges the battery. I have the MX700 and have never had the battery fail or run down, ever. A light flashes and a warning pops up on your screen long before it runs out and it charges really quickly. They are the kings of mice. Also every wired mouse I've had has failed because the cable broke where it enters the mouse. Wireless, Logitech, MX series. There's nothing more to say about mice.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    07mavribea wrote:
    ..I was just trying to get a point across...
    No sweat, man. :)

Excuse me for drifting :topic: but I see you're from Australia. Many of the top members of our Folding Team hail from Down Under. We'd love to have you join. :ausflag:

Back on topic now, this thread has convinced me to get the MX1000. I'm on the computer a lot and had concerns about how often it needed recharging. Thanks to everyone for sharing their opinions. :)