All fullscreen video has lines?

edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
Hi, new member. I browsed a lot of forums before finally signing up for one, and you guys seemed to be the most knowledgeable, so here it goes..

Don't know if this is what the problem might be, but I just bought a new monitor about a month ago. It's a Samsung SyncMaster 997DF. I fell in love with it because it offers high refresh rates and crystal clear pictures for the cost. Since then, I've noticed flashes of thin horizontal white lines while in fullscreen mode on any video player. If I'm windowed, it's ok, but as soon as I entered fullscreen'ed mode, that's when it happens. It's not choppy and the video never leaves the audio, I just get the lines. I don't know if maybe it could be affected by a bad set of codecs downloaded off LimeWire (DivX bundle), no matter what format it is. There are maybe only about a group of 10 flashes of lines every few minutes, very random, and only viewable with dark backgrounds.

I haven't really tried anything, yet, but I wanted to get this up so I could wait for a reply while I try and figure it out myself (I'm very impatient).

Thanks for your help ahead of time!
John

Comments

• RewiredRewired Member
    edited April 2005
    John,

Howdy. Welcome to the ShortMedia forums.

Here's a reliable set of codecs.

What type (brand/model] of graphics card are you using? If you're not running the latest driver, download and install it. You can find the latest NVidia drivers here.

Let us know how you make out. Good luck.
  • edited April 2005
    Thanks for the codecs. I'll try them out now.

And I'm using my onboard nVidia Graphics driver. It's an asus v7n8x-vm board and it's completed updated to the latest drivers.