New Folders for Team 93!!

MancunianMancunian Manchester, UK
edited April 2005 in Folding@Home
Just thought you'd like to know I've got a couple of my friends interested in folding for the team - one has a laptop which I believe she has already installed the software on, or at least has downloaded it in readiness and will probably install it on her desktop too. And another friend I saw yesterday (Thursday) has three machines at home on a network and he's told me he'll install it on all three if he can! Can't be bad, can it? :thumbsup:

Should have asked them to use my username on them as well but didn't want to seem too cheeky! ;D

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    Keep spreading the word man.:)
  • MancunianMancunian Manchester, UK
    edited April 2005
    Thanks a lot, mmonnin. Don't worry, you can count on it! :thumbsup:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2005
    Way to go Mancunian. Great to see you managed to spread the good word. :thumbsup:

It may have been a bit cheeky to ask them to fold under your name, but it won't be to fold under mine. ;D
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    Great work man! every folder counts :fold::thumbsup:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Great work! Keep it up. :D
    edited April 2005
    Thanks guys. This team spirit which we have in Team 93 and the great comraderie, friendship and support we have here is quite remarkable IMHO ... True online friendships are hard to find and make I find as in messengers or groups etc people can be whatever they want to be (IYKWIM) and finding genuine, sincere people isn't easy but here, there seems to be an abundance of them and long may it continue I say. Can't begin to tell you how much your support means to me so thank you one and all! :thumbsup:
  • Liquid81Liquid81 Westbrook,CT
    edited April 2005
    Such kind words :) Keep up the good work dude!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Great news! :thumbsup::fold:
    edited April 2005
    Thanks a lot, Liquid. I sure will buddy and thanks Prof. Apparantly my friend is already running on her laptop and I'm in the process of persuading her to use the desktop too. I'm sure that will be working by next week. Don't know how my other friend's doing yet but I'm sure he won't be far behind. I'll get my friend (Pauline) to register here in the forums and post an introduction soon. :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    We are more than online friends. Some of us met up in Detroit for a Lan party and then again at primesuspect's house. Its great to be able to put a face to a name.
    edited April 2005
    Thanks for that, mmonnin. That's nice to know and I like the idea of that party. I quite agree it's great to be able to put a face to a name and in the days of FidoNet and BBSing before the Internet became what it is today, get-togethers/parties etc were fairly common in each net.

Now thinking about parties, thinking about a Manchester one ... Hmmmm. :D
    edited April 2005
    Mancunian wrote:
    ...Now thinking about parties, thinking about a Manchester one ... Hmmmm. :D
    There have been rumors of a S-M UK LAN for years. Maybe a gung-ho guy such as yourself could get those other chaps to get moving and actually do it. :thumbsup: :ukflag:
    edited April 2005
    Well wonders/miracles have been known before (alledgedly :)) Prof so you never know your luck. I certainly know of a good venue a mile or so away from me in a quaint little part of the city known as Chorlton-cum-Hardy (really! :)) so let's see if this gets any/much comment/reaction and we'll take it from there. Like the sound of it tho. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2005
    Mancunian wrote:
    ...let's see if this gets any/much comment/reaction and we'll take it from there. Like the sound of it tho. :thumbsup:
    Start a new thread in Gaming and see if it draws any interest. :)

A while back we had a couple US vs. UK Unreal Tournament matches (played online). It's a lot more fun when your opponent is in the same room, though. If you win, you can taunt them to their face. If you lose, you can smack 'em over the head with your keyboard. :aol:;D
    edited April 2005
    ROFL Prof ... I can just imagine it now ...

:hitit2: :Pwned: :ninja::rarr::mouldy: :wow: :eek2::crazy:

And those were the ones who DIDN'T have to go for medical treatment! ;D
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Great news, nice job spreading the word! :fold: