configure tkip wpa in mandrake linux

test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
just for the h3ll of it i decided to install linux on this laptop of mine. keep in mind im a linux noob. my home wireless network uses tkip wpa encryption with radius authentication. my network card is a cisco aironet abg card. how do i get support for wpa in linux?

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    First we need to verify that the drivers are installed. Boot up your laptop with the wireless card installed, open up a terminal, type ifconfig -a and post the output here.

Reference: ifconfig is used to display and modify the configuration of your network interfaces. You will get to be friends rapidly.

-drasnor :fold:
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited April 2005
    wont be able to do it till i get home on friday. i reformated the HD and just installed windows, because the win install got messed up by adware, and i screwed up linux while messing with the network card. i figured id start from scratch. the card was able to connect when i used a static wep key, so im pretty sure i had it installed right.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    In that case, you'll want to check out http://www.linux-wireless.org/Wireless/WPA/ .

I realize that as a newbie most of what's on that page won't make any sense. That's ok, we'll go through it when you've got your laptop back.

-drasnor :fold: