Software and Network Problem

PrgmanPrgman TEXAS
edited April 2005 in Spyware & Virus Removal
I've noticed a couple of problems. My computer is unable to run a Sony Photo Suite Program, reason unknown. I've been trying to run a Navigation program from universal Avionics. It says I have less than 3mb of memory. When I check it it has well over 1/2 of a gig. My Son's Computer is dropping off the network about every minute we downloaded a new driver and that did nothing, we changed ports in the router that also did nothing, we changed cables on the router, dito. Mine never dropped off. I assume we'll get a LAN card for My son?
It is built into the motherboard. Both computers are P4's with 512 mb's of ram. Windows xp pro,Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Moderator Note: Moved to SVT; Losing Internet access, plus an apparent Memory leak.

Prgman, it's too early to be sure, but those are both symptoms of a Spyware infestation. Since your computer will boot I'm sending you here to bring your problem to the attention of our Spyware experts. :)
  • Buckeye_SamBuckeye_Sam Columbus, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Hi Prgman!

We need to get a look at what's running on your computer in order to help you. Please follow the directions at this link to download a tool called Hijackthis and post a log.

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172584&postcount=2