Looking to buy some CompactFlash

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Trading Post
I need a new CF card for my camera, I'd like one that's atleast 64mb, but I've been looking at prices online, and they want an arm and a leg for this stuff now.

I figured somebody might have a spare card layin' around that they might be willing to part with in exchange for some currency.

PM me.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Just a note from experience, you arnt going to find cheap CF media anywhere, for the simple reasons, it doesnt degrade, it doesnt expire, it doesnt run out and its virtually impossible to break, so 2nd, 3rd or even 4th hand Flash still costs virtually the same as new, for the simple reason, it is the same as new.

Really though, it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg, you should easily be able to find some for around $20. 128MB is only about £25 here now.

What prices have you been looking at, out of interest?

NS
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Check newegg.com I've found loads of GF 64MB and up for less then 100$ (US)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I've been seeing it at about $1/mb for the low stuff, and around $.5/mb for the stuff over 150mb. That seems way to high to me, but I'm not very good at searching for prices.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Take this for example.....

http://www.mx2.co.uk/acatalog/MX2_co_uk_Compact_Flash_Cards_293.html

64MB is £12.50 (about $18). Damn good prices if you ask me.

If you cant find anywhere, I can ship some of this to you if you want.

NS
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited September 2003
    CBDroege said
    I've been seeing it at about $1/mb for the low stuff, and around $.5/mb for the stuff over 150mb. That seems way to high to me, but I'm not very good at searching for prices.

Keep an eye on

www.slickdeals.net and www.techbargains.com

There are great deals on Compact flash going on all the time. You can get 256MB for way under $100

Here's a Current Deal!

Amazon.com Sandisk CF 256MB $57 shipped