Random Restarting Issue

07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
edited April 2005 in Hardware
Hi,

I started my computer up yesterday, all fine, then tried to start up Call of Duty, then it the computer restared as soon as i double click. When the computer lets me log in with out restarting, i can listen to music on winamp and thats about the only aplication it runs with out restarting. My computer is overclocked to the locked limit although RAM timings having being altered. If added no new software, drivers, added no new files and that computer has no internet connection to deliberatly keep viruses off. Please Help Me

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Try backing off your overclock a little.

Memtest86 would be a good idea, too. :)
  • 07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
    edited April 2005
    Hey, thanks for replying, were can i download memtest?
    edited April 2005
    Thanks for the reply. I droped fsb to 170 mulitplier 11.5 and memeroy timings at optimal and when i pressed F10 to save and exit it restarted. Since MS XP hasn't even started loading when u are at the BIOS, does that suggest that it is a hardware problem?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    07mavribea wrote:
    Hey, thanks for replying, were can i download memtest?
    Memtest86 - get it Right Here.

Put a blank floppy disk in the drive and run the "install.bat" file. Then all you have to do is let the computer boot from the floppy drive. I usually let it go for a couple of passes.

Any errors mean the RAM is bad. If there are no errors, you're good to go. :)
    edited April 2005
    Thanks mate, i worked out one stick was faulty so i am running of my other stick until i buy a new stick, Cheers
    :thumbsup: