Unlock A7N8X-E

07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
edited May 2005 in Hardware
Hi,

I have an A7N8X-e Deluxe and have overclocked my semprom 2600+ and memory timings to the max. My motherboard does not let my proceed past 182mhz FSB and 12.5x muliplier on cpu. My computer is solid as a rock and runs at 41 degrees. I was wondering if anyone knew how to by pass the locked feature on the mobo as i know i can run faster than 2005mhz! Thanks

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    It has nothign to do with the motherboard it's the chip

do a google on unlocking atholon xp
  • 07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
    edited April 2005
    thanks
    edited April 2005
    i have just looked at 3 different methods on google and all of them say their methods can not surpas 12.5 mulitplier and that is what my locked cpu is at now?
  • JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2005
    I have an A7N8X-E Dlx and its running at... 11x200... i know people who are running at 11.5x220 sooo maybe drop your multiplier and up the bus
  • edited April 2005
    Heh, 182 X 12.5=2275 MHz in my book. :D

You are out of luck with changing the multiplier on that sempron, 07mavribea, as it is hard locked by AMD nowdays and there isn't any way to unlock it. The only unlocked socket A procs nowdays are the mobile XP procs.

Have you tried upping the vcore on your sempron? If you have good cooling, you should be able to up the vcore and get some more speed out of your proc. I doubt that you will be able to get 2500 MHz (200 X 12.5) easily out of it though.
    edited April 2005
    Thanks for the help, i have uped the vcore enough but still wont bust. How would u go about it? Although i do have only 512 RAM and a really bad 9250 VGA so could the com regonise my computer is not suitable to run higher and therefore doesn't it allow to. Also when i brought the semprom i thoght 2600+ means performance equivalant to a 2.6! No way a 2 ghz is going to run at equivalant of a 2.6. Can u please help me as i am a little phased by the situation.

p.s. Motherboard moniter and ASUS probe tell me i am running at 2005mhz and i am defiantly running at 182fsb and 12.5 multiplier! :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2005
    First of all, download and run cpu-z, which will show both the fsb speed and multiplier being used with your proc; that will tell you what multi it's actually using.

What actually happens when you try to go past 182 fsb speed? Does the computer not boot up or crash or what?
    edited April 2005
    when i go above 182 the computer does not boot windows but instead comes up with a dos style window saying i have set the fsb or cpu multiplier to high and press delete to re-enter BIOS and i have to change it back to a level accepted by the computers. If i drastically change it i.e. 200mhz fsb it doesn't do anything and i have to reset CMOS.
  • edited April 2005
    Go ahead and google "cpu-z" and the first link will bring you to the website. Download it and uzip it into it's own folder (it's a self-contained program) and then run it and see what it shows for your machine for fsb and multiplier.
    edited April 2005
    Intresting! It says my fsb is 182 but multiplier at 11. I checked the BIOS and the cpu frequency multiple is defiantly set to 12.5. Isn't the cpu frequency multiple the multiplier? :scratch:
    edited April 2005
    Another thought, i droped the multiplier to 10.5 (182 fsb) and MBM still told me i was running 2005mhz and cpu-z still said multiplier was 11. Whats going on?
  • JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited May 2005
    For the record, CPUid doesnt like my A7n8X-E Dlx and my "3200+"

I've had to resort to using CBid.. or Central Brain IDentifier which can be found here

http://cbid.amdclub.ru/