Which Music Download Service is Best?

RewiredRewired Member
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
ExtremeTech takes an in-depth look at 9 of the leading legal online music services.

View: Which Music Download Service is Best?
It's taken the music industry the better part of ten years to finally devise some legal alternatives to the P2P file-sharing networks, and now there are well over a dozen online music services legally offering a wide range of genres to satisfy most musical palettes. Aside from one service's downloads being three cents cheaper than the next, what sets them apart? Which one gives you most flexibility about how you enjoy your music? And which one really gives you the most of what you want for your money?
Source: ExtremeTech

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    they forgot http://www.mp3search.ru

the best one of all
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    The took a fair and impartial look at the services, so kudos to them. Judging from their ratings of those services though, few people consider DRM to take the soul out of music as much as I do. Apple goes a step farther, and dictates that not only is your usage restricted, but you must use iTunes or an iPod to play the music.

Thank God for hacks. ;)
  • edited April 2005
    To quote Razor and Blade...
    Hack the Planet!

Also, I've used Apple's iTunes Store service, and I found it to be really quick, stable, and supported by a really large music selection. I don't mind paying around a buck a song... but free is always better. www.slsknet.org