I Need Help With My 74 Gig Raptor Drive!!!!!

edited April 2005 in Hardware
hi. I just bought a wd 74gig raptor drive and hooked it up and benchmarked it, only to see sub-par results. in sandra 2005, im getting:

buffered read - 33 mb/s
sequential read - 69 mb/s
random read - 39 mb/s
buffered write - 73 mb/s
sequential write - 69 mb/s
random write - 52 mb/s
average access time - 11ms

drive index - 58 mb/s

that seems pretty low for the "fastest ata drive on the planet"
if there is something special i need to do or download something please tell me, because i didnt play 200+ dollars for an "ok" hard drive. i have the newest chipset drivers from intel's site, and im pretty sure im not using the onboard promise contoller as its disabled.

p4 3.2@3.6
asus p4p800e deluxe mobo
bfg 6800 gt oc
ocz dual channel ddr3500
wd raptor 74
another ata100 80 gig hd

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    Thats a bit low I get 63 on my 36gb raptor.
    I recomend getting the latest bios and sata driver if that fails switch to the promise (mine was benched on a promise.

Edit: nvm I was running it off my via one my on my old board (asus a8v deluxe)
  • edited April 2005
    but where do i get SATA drivers? im using the southbridge intel sata and i have the latest chipset drivers from the intel site! are there any other drivers that i need to have or something? should i change the udma or something, i dont know.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    It might be the intel chipset thats the problem.Your goina have to find a reviewer that had the same sb and look @ his sandra score.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited April 2005
    That score isnt out of line really depending on how full the drive is and especially if there was any disk fragmentation. As any teeny tiny fragmentation just craters Sandra scores. What sorta score were you expecting?

Tex